• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bucket seats, console and column shifter?

Prorac1

Local time
2:32 AM
Reaction score
When I bought my 1968 Sport Satellite convertible it had an automatic column a bench seat and three pedals on the floor.

I assumed somebody had changed the column.

Than when I decided the fender tag it showed it was a factory automatic bucket seat console car.

I don’t believe they ever came with a console and a column shifter.

Is this correct?

Thanks. Eric

I once saw a 66 or 67 Satellite in a junkyard with a column 3 on the tree and a console. There was a shifter delete plate in the console that exactly matched the rest of the console ribbing. It looked to be factory. It is the only one I have ever seen. I should have grabbed the console, but this was in the late 70's, and this stuff didn't seem important then....

I once saw a 66 or 67 Satellite in a junkyard with a column 3 on the tree and a console. There was a shifter delete plate in the console that exactly matched the rest of the console ribbing. It looked to be factory. It is the only one I have ever seen. I should have grabbed the console, but this was in the late 70's, and this stuff didn't seem important then....

Thank you very much. I’m starting to think my car originally had a floor shifted automatic and somebody swapped in the column. But along the line somebody also swapped in a set of four speed petals. I think there was a lot of swapping going on in this car. LOL

For the price that they get for bucket seats and a console, I have a feeling I will just stick with the bench seat in the column shifter.

A console with a column shift would have a 4 speed shifter plate with a shifter delete plate.
The delete plate is very rare.

Auto Transport Service
Back