• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bucket seats for 64 sport fury

Burt Byers

Local time
4:19 AM
Reaction score
Since I assume finding a pair of b bucket seats is nigh on to impossible I was wondering what aftermarket buckets people have used that don't look like or fit like a saddle on a sow.The car is tubbed so I don't have to worry about matching the back seat. TIA, Burt

Any 62-65 will bolt in. So don’t limit your search.

When I went searching for buckets, my deal was something that would be sized - all about wide enough - to look right in my car. Seats are easily found at meets and such (web) but routinely were much narrower than the old B-body seats. Heck my Dakota seats aren't as wide at 21 inches and the era buckets are 24-inches (seat pan). I found a set of correct seats for my '63. Then ya got the seat bracketing to confront if getting away from stock. With your car being tubed you might need narrower seats anyway. A few I had come across that seemed almost a pick were from mini-vans and smaller pickups as I recollect (its been some years since I was on the hunt). Larger car seats were also in the ballpark as I remember sifting thru tons of them at swap meets. Matter of what your preference is for appearance and performance on the track I imagine.

and i found early a bodies buckets can be modified to fit the floor , same uppers .

One could always go with Super Stock aluminum seat brackets as well.

My '63 Fury ..think they were out of 66/67 Coronet ??

63 ply 3.JPG
01414_4DXeNup0uiA_1200x900.jpg
00q0q_5mzsXT2bC0i_1200x900.jpg

I used ProCar/Scat 1100 Elites #51 in black with adj. backs & headrests
(got mine back in 2007-ish Jeggs, about $750 total with opt. mounts)
bolted right in with the slide tracks, opt. supplied & mounts
my car had a bench seat
so I had to drill for the inside seat bolts by the tunnel
easy deal

I chose them for a little more headroom (thinner seat base)
& a classic car look, lighter than the org bench seat too
really comfortable

they have more to choose from too

Pro Car-Scat Elite 1100 #51 dimensions sketch.gif

Pro Car Seat Adapdter Brackets Driver side SCA-81342 $77.95 Dodge Plymouth.jpg

Pro Car-Scat Elite 1100 #51.jpg

Pro Car Seat Adapdter Brackets Passenger side SCA-81343 $77.95 Dodge Plymouth.jpg

68 RR #18 Driveway Interior Buckets ps Apr 26 2011 #1.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back