• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bucket Seats Out Of?????

1mightymopar

Local time
4:38 AM
Reaction score
IMG_1225.jpgIMG_1224.jpgIMG_1223.jpgIMG_1222.jpgIMG_1221.jpg

Can anyone tell me where these seats came from? They are suppose to be 69 B Body, but I don't ever remember a 68-69 b body having the release on the side? Would the brackets be the same as a 69 b body?
Any help identifying these would be great.
Thanks for the help.

I am just guessing but those seats remind me of seats out of a Ford with the head rests removed. If I could see how they are assembled I could probably id. them for you.

I was told they were pulled from a 69 Runner, but not sure where they came from originally. I'm thinking possibly a C body?

This blue seat that is in rough shape is the original seat in my '69 RR. 100_7230-AA.jpg

This is a better photo showing the backrest of the RR seat. Notice how it is narrower at the top where yours looks to be much wider.100_7233-SS.jpg

This is a '70 Super Bee seat.100_7238-AA.jpg

The next three photos are from a "68 R/T.100_7244-AA.jpg100_7245-AA.jpg100_7246-AA.jpg

This one will fit '71-'74 b-bodies.100_7243-AA.jpg

This last one is a '78 Ford Granada, and to me it looks most like the ones in your photos. Early '80's Mustang looks close to this type as well.100_7249-AA.jpg

I suppose I will have to post some photos of some seats I have reupholstered, I'll have to dig some up.

Any pics of the tracks?Sometimes there will be a tag hog ringed on the bottom that would maybe tell.

I've got them in storage, but I'll try and take some better pics. Hopefully some clues where they came from, but not what I thought they were anyway. Thanks for the input, I appreciate it.

Auto Transport Service
Back