• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Budget Starter Needed

Moparfiend

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:48 PM
Reaction score
I think my starter is toast. I will be pulling it tomorrow to confirm but I was able to bump the motor and then nothing but som sparks at the battery.

Anyway The purpose of this post is to ask if anyone knows a good manufacturer for a budget starter. Was looking at O’Reillys auto zone with lifetime warranties but I hear that they are crap or least they were. They are $59 lifetime warranty so heck why not?

Are all budget starter is the same? Are they all made in China? Is the assembly QC and re-manufacturing process all crap everywhere in the matter where you go or what you buy anyways?

What are your experiences? Again this is for budget build not restoration.

Sparks at the battery, clean your terminals and check condition of your cables.

I bought one off of flea bay, mini for a Dakota, works great! I think it has more torque than that 50 lb. "pony motor" that Ma originally used.

Fran YES I just picked up a new set of pos and neg cables will install first thing AM. I will also clean the grounds real well too!

I thought I had a bad starter. Nope, it was a bad starter relay. Much easier, and less expensive, to replace.

That's what I did as a try out, still trying out. Works on a 11 to 1 engine.

Auto Transport Service
Back