• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bug zappers: Do they attract MORE bugs or just kill those already in the area?

yup got Bats all year round a few hang around up in the barn I call him Bat Man :thumbsup:

To answer your original question, I think I read somewhere that bugs are attracted by the smell of their burning friends.

I looked into this before and the bug zappers do not get the skeeters.
Plant marigolds and the skeeters stay away.
We have barn swallows and cliff swallows around here. Plus the bats. So lots of bugs get eaten but alot of bugs still eat me :-(

I looked into this before and the bug zappers do not get the skeeters.
Plant marigolds and the skeeters stay away.
We have barn swallows and cliff swallows around here. Plus the bats. So lots of bugs get eaten but alot of bugs still eat me :-(

Whatever you do, don't get a mosquito magnet. I had two & they didn't work for ****. They just broke.

I had one of those. The instructions read to place them in the middle of the yard. I did. One of our dogs ran full speed headfirst into it.
C-L-A-N-G !!
It only worked to harm the dog, not any skeeters.

It is the weekend, man!
I have to be in bed by 9:00 Sun-Thurs but Friday and Saturday night I get all wiggly because I can stay up late!

Auto Transport Service
Back