• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buick: What’s worse the car or the commercials now

Dennis H

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:01 PM
Reaction score
The most undesirable homogenized thing on wheels. Must have part of the C7 design crew.
Unlike this beast.

The ads are pretty bad. Almost as bad as the GMC pickup ones.

The wagon doesn't look half bad though. Beats a SUV.

2019-tourx-mov-gallery-exterior-sm-19BURE00145.jpg

My daily drivers have been Buicks for many years. But my fun car is a Mopar! 440'

I had a '55 special.

...but I'd rather have a 69 big block B body Plymouth vert!

The combination of GM styling features definitely show in the car.

The real irony and disconnect is while bus driver Ralph Kramden is the working class "every man"
the Buick is for " The step beyond success. The step of a man that has arrived at the top and doesn't have to prove a thing".
Gated estate and show horse included.

Have you every noticed TV ads are market directed?
The evening network news is mostly drugs for the geriatric crowd.
"Ask your doctor if it's right for you. Side effects may include...."

Last edited:
The combination of GM styling features definitely show in the car.

The real irony and disconnect is while bus driver Ralph Kramden is the working class "every man"
the Buick is for " The step beyond success. The step of a man that has arrived at the top and doesn't have to prove a thing".
Gated estate and show horse included.

Have you every noticed TV ads are market directed?
The evening network news is mostly drugs for the geriatric crowd.
"Ask your doctor if it's right for you. Side effects may include...."

A lot of women must be watching LivePD based on the number of feminine hygiene products they advertise.

I use to really like Buicks

especially the mid 60's to early 70's GS's & Rivs
last one I had was a 97 LeSabre with 12k miles
I inherited from my granddad
I traded it in on my 99 Dakota SLT 4x4

best move I ever made

they should give it up, just glorified overpriced Cheby now

That's what I heard, too.

and why they weren't canned when pontiac was.

I still don't get why the extremely duplicitous gmc division is still here.

pontiac and saturn were the innovative divisions.

im still a fan of the older buick musclecars.
the " Gentlemans Musclecars "
i own a 70 455 skylark,and its just as fast as a 440 car.
only problem is,it uses more gas than anything but a chevy,and that hurts the driving aspect.

All the big blocks of old were fast when set up right. but now its all platform cars , and you cant say buicks are not as reliable as chevs because they all share the same drive trains one way or another. It now more then ever comes down to what you think looks good. that said I think they are all junk......but its fun to rag on them now and then

" buicks run like they were tied to a tree "
anyone remember that famous line?
and then the results?
the buick took the hemi car 2 out of 3 runs.
heres a 69 six pack car up against a 455 buick.

too bad they dont have anything thats even close to a hellcat now.
it might could be an interesting Division if they did.
( side note,yes im a mopar guy but i like and respect all musclecars mostly. )

Last edited:
What I find odd is all the car commercials that show people driving like idiots, drifting, leaving other's in their dust, passing on two-lane highways with their kids in the back, etc. Then Johnny Law is all over us with safety messages, LED signs reminding us to drive slowly...some sort of an educational gap huh?

Sold my GN and later bought my Dodge did not like the color black.
With hindsight should have keep the Buick creature comforts, performance and good gas mileage.
That is a seniors opinion have had the Dodge since 2003.

What I find odd is all the car commercials that show people driving like idiots, drifting, leaving other's in their dust, passing on two-lane highways with their kids in the back, etc. Then Johnny Law is all over us with safety messages, LED signs reminding us to drive slowly...some sort of an educational gap huh?

Agree! And how we need to buy their car with the special lane-monitoring, time-tunnel, laser-guided system all so we can drive in a straight line.

Speaking of car commercials, anyone remember the Chevrolet's on da Ponderosa? Mista Ben would walk around them in his cowboy attire talking about how great they were. They had experimented for a brief time to have no commercial breaks during the Bonanza show; but spend the last 10 minutes or so on the Chevy ads. Reckon they found this a bad idea. Notice today more shows have no breaks between the ending of one to the next, run the show for around 15 minutes commercial free then zap the living daylights out of us with numerous breaks and more toward the conclusion of the show. A tactic to keep viewers watching so as not to miss the ending while trying to take a piss or grab a snack...

Auto Transport Service
Back