• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BUILD DATE/ order number question

Moparwedge

Local time
6:10 AM
Reaction score
Is there a way to figure out build date from last 7 digits of VIN? My 70 Runner is missing fender tag and no build sheet. It is a ST. Louis built car. thx in advance.

Is there a way to figure out build date from last 7 digits of VIN? My 70 Runner is missing fender tag and no build sheet. It is a ST. Louis built car. thx in advance.
Not reliably....actually, not at all.

You need more information to get a build date....can you trace the car to a dealership where it was sold new?

The hard way is to find a car with vin close to yours from the St Louis plant. I found vin from a Belvedere II within 550 cars of mine. It was made the week after mine.

As cars may or may not have been assembled on the actual Scheduled Production Date (SPD) the correct answer is “no”. A car in question may have been built early or delayed a week or two.

However, you can, usually, determine the scheduled date by the last 7 of the VIN if you know how to properly bracket known VINs around a car in question.

Auto Transport Service
Back