• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Build date ?

tak419

Local time
8:15 AM
Reaction score
Is there a data bank or anyway I can find out or get a rough idea of the build date without the fender tag or door decal, can it be guessed by the sequence in the serial number ? And please don't suggest contacting Galon. It's on a 71 RR

Do you have a BS?

Do you have the original engine? The engine on the ID pad will have an assembly date which is prior to the build date.....That can help with a guess at that point......

This expert may chime in:
@69Coronetrt

No to all. The original motor/trans gone years ago. As for build sheet, fender tag and door sticker, no to all.

Is there a data bank or anyway I can find out or get a rough idea of the build date without the fender tag or door decal, can it be guessed by the sequence in the serial number ? And please don't suggest contacting Galon. It's on a 71 RR

Yes. You can get a pretty good approximation as to build date by the VIN.

Also, you can help confirm that date by checking date codes on things like the K member.

The fella that ran the RoadRunner nest, Dave G, might have an idea, by I hear he's busy with running his business and family. Not sure if the website is even up, little activity last i checked. Tough task without much information.

Yes. You can get a pretty good approximation as to build date by the VIN.

Also, you can help confirm that date by checking date codes on things like the K member.
That's what I was asking if you could get the approximate date by the VIN. Who can do that ? The Roadrunner Nest seems to be a vacant site anymore.

Where is the K frame stamped with a date ? I don't recall it having the little tag on it.

That's what I was asking if you could get the approximate date by the VIN. Who can do that ? The Roadrunner Nest seems to be a vacant site anymore.

I might be able to. Send the VIN via PMif you don’t feel comfortable posting it in the thread.

Auto Transport Service
Back