• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Build sheet/carpet color?

icetech

Local time
7:47 PM
Reaction score
I was just curious if anyone knows when chrysler started hiding build sheets in cars? i didn't find one in mine (62) I'm trying to figure out if i should have black carpet or the gunmetal gray.. My car came with some new carpet in it that doesn't fit great and i was thnking of grabbing some ACC off Rockauto.. but i saw they have gray also.. my interior is half gray half black.. not sure what would have come stock. I don't mind black but kinda think the lighter color might be nice...
599.jpg

Check out the color & trim guides at the Hamtramck Historical site, Barry may have that info there. Generally Mopars had darker colors for carpets until around the mid-70s.
That interior looks gold on my monitor, oddly enough.
Base of the gas pedal should be at the forward inner corner of the heel pad. It's a bit of a beeyotch to cut that rectangle, I often donate blood to the car there :lol:

Check out the color & trim guides at the Hamtramck Historical site, Barry may have that info there. Generally Mopars had darker colors for carpets until around the mid-70s.
That interior looks gold on my monitor, oddly enough.
Base of the gas pedal should be at the forward inner corner of the heel pad. It's a bit of a beeyotch to cut that rectangle, I often donate blood to the car there :lol:
Yeah... even with new carpet i will probably let the heel pad be just below it, i would screw up the cut.. and it's just a driver :)

Auto Transport Service
Back