• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Build sheet!!

Sonny

It’s all fun til the rabbit gets the gun.
Local time
8:05 AM
Reaction score
3C0B3717-CB12-4ABC-AF0B-58C78EDD2CBD.jpeg
5238B09F-71D8-4545-A5CC-EE0AE5B56E71.jpeg
Found this underneath the back bench seat. All the numbers for options match identically except for the sequence number. Do you think the factory put this seat in the wrong Belvedere? Shouldn’t the sequential number match the last vin numbers?

Your VIN should match the info in the "Vehicle Identification Number" boxes/fields, starting on the first line, near the center. The first "field", under the heading "Sequence Number" is different than the last numbers of your VIN. Confused?

Somebody else can explain the difference between the Sequence Number and Sequential Number on your build sheets.

The VIN # should match the VIN# not the sequence #.. look to the right, top line.
Right, under sequential number. Those numbers are not in my vin number.

No, the first number is a sequential # as the cars where scheduled to go down the line. Further over in the middle is the VIN # under where it says Vehicle Identification Number. It should match your VIN, but if not wouldn't be surprised as guys grabbed for black seats and threw them into cars

If it's not yours... post the VIN # on the sheet, might by chance be someone here that would love to have it!

It’s called a broadcast sheet.

The VIN number is right under where it’s printed “production broadcast“.

Is that your vin number on the sheet?

the sequence number on the top right is not in your vin or on the car.

86E4301A-9BEC-487E-8A2B-09F2D7518508.jpeg

Last edited:
No, the first number is a sequential # as the cars where scheduled to go down the line. Further over in the middle is the VIN # under where it says Vehicle Identification Number. It should match your VIN, but if not wouldn't be surprised as guys grabbed for black seats and threw them into cars

If it's not yours... post the VIN # on the sheet, might by chance be someone here that would love to have it!
Dude, if you zoom in under vehicle identification number, there’s a heading that says sequential number. The number is under that, at the center of the top of the page, should match my Vin number and they do not.

That is under the VIn heading and so it’s different so not your car.

View attachment 1030952 View attachment 1030953 Found this underneath the back bench seat. All the numbers for options match identically except for the sequence number. Do you think the factory put this seat in the wrong Belvedere? Shouldn’t the sequential number match the last vin
numbers?
Regarding your original question, shouldnt the sequential number match the vin?
No.
If the vin on the broadcast matches the vin on your car, its yours!

No, the first number is a sequential # as the cars where scheduled to go down the line.

1) Cars were not built in sequential order by a broadcast sheet or VIN.

2) Broadcast sheet management and numbering vary by plant. How Hamtramck handled the sequential numbering was different than Lynch Road and both are different than St. Louis.

3) Two broadcast sheets for the same car can have different sequence numbers. There are different theories to account for this.

The 1128226 is not in my VIN. The RL21GOG is. So not original to my car?

The 1128226 is not in my VIN. The RL21GOG is. So not original to my car?

On the dash VIN tag, what are the 6 digits after the RL21G0G?

I cannot read your broadcast sheet so I need you to tell me the answer to the question above.

Last edited:
Is there someone out there that can make you a broadcast sheet if you couldn’t find yours under your seat but you have the original fender tag to your car?

NOPE, not a correct one anyhow, because too much would be speculation as the fender tag doesn't have all the codes on it..

Is there someone out there that can make you a broadcast sheet if you couldn’t find yours under your seat but you have the original fender tag to your car?
In my opinion, no. There is ten times as much info on a broadcast, compared to a fender tag. Meaning most of the info on the bogus broadcast would be just a wild-assed guess. My opinion only.

Edit: tree'd by dadsbee again!

Auto Transport Service
Back