• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Building roads on an ancient shoreline.

SteveSS

Local time
1:42 AM
Reaction score
I'm a retired geologist but my son is working as an engineer for CDOT. Colorado Department Of Transportation. Since our part of Colorado is an ancient western shoreline for a vast inland sea that covered most of the midwest we get a lot of near-shore fossils. He's finding lots of mollusks and fish that got buried in the mud and silt and are fossilized. No dinosaurs yet but I've mentioned many times how you can go to the finish line of Bandimere Speedway, Denver's quarter-mile track, you can see dinosaur tracks where they walked along the beach. Should just be a matter of time before he finds some more tracks or dinosaur bones.

dinosaur-ridge-morrison-36.jpg

Pretty cool I like that stuff. I went through and saw the museum in Malta Montana. Serious fossil territory

A HS classmate of mine is the Dean of Palentology at a large Utah university. He has been a fossil expert for as long as I remember, and parlayed that into a good living. Northwestern Colorado and northeastern Utah are a dinosaur-bone hunters dream, and there are lots of plant fossils from the era. Pretty fascinating stuff, all said!

Auto Transport Service
Back