• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bullet connectors - correct size

JG1966

Local time
5:36 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone know where to find this correct sized bullet connector? The two standard sizes don't fit. .156 is too small, .188 is too big. I believe Mopar OE is .185. I thought I could get a .188 in there, but no go. Anyone know where to get correct size -- or a not-too-complicated place to get light power for aftermarket gauges? If it matters, I do not care if they dim with the lights. Thanks.
20170913_125129.jpg

Last edited:
On my fuse box, the lights / inst cluster are at the very end of the row. I hooked my gauge lights into the back of the fuse box. It controls the circuit and dims them with the controller. There are male spade connectors there on various fuses for auxiliary power. Not sure what years or if yours has it, but it wouldn't hurt to look at the back of your fuse box.

Thanks GDrill. I have a 1972 RR. The only male spade connector on the back of the fuse box is on Batt side. So that won't help me.

Does anyone know where to find this correct sized bullet connector? The two standard sizes don't fit. .156 is too small, .188 is too big. I believe Mopar OE is .185. I thought I could get a .188 in there, but no go. Anyone know where to get correct size -- or a not-too-complicated place to get light power for aftermarket gauges? If it matters, I do not care if they dim with the lights. Thanks.View attachment 514111
You could always open up the female sockets using a small tapered drift. We're only talking .003 of an inch.

Just wanted to give an update and thank everyone for their help. I figured I'd try a different sized bullet connector before I went another route, so I went to Napa and they had .176 bullet connectors. They snapped in and fit like a glove! Thanks again. This site is the best.

Auto Transport Service
Back