• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bumble Bee Stripe Paint

69 R/T

Local time
7:06 AM
Reaction score
Here's a common problem for any Dodge Boys with a newly applied Bumble Bee stripe on a '69 R/T or Super Bee. The rear quarter fender reflector bezels need to be painted the same color as the vinyl tape stripe. What is the best and easiest way to paint these black for a home winter job?

fake RT 009.jpg the marker light housings were body color on these bumble bee striped cars. this pic on this clone Hemi R/T show the correct look.

Thanks for that info. Mine is the same way, but I was informed that it's not correct, and upon examining an original 1969 Coronet sales brochure, it appears that the bezels are stripe color. Now I'm all confused. lol

I have a pic of my Hemi R/T only a year old and it is just like the car pictured. until I bought this car I was under the impression they were stripe color! you could reserch Andy440's web site. he has a large collection of cars 68-70 bee's and R/T's

- - - Updated - - -

or this way Not (original) this is my custom R/T.DSC0033.jpg

I contacted a buddy know mopars very well, He said ALWAYS, marker light housings were painted to match the stripe. this goe's for all darts, super bee's Daytona's and R/T;s both Coronet and Charger's. I was wrong to post before I was 100% sure!! sorry for the confusion.

Auto Transport Service
Back