• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bumblebee Stripes

426HemiCharger

Local time
8:24 AM
Reaction score
I am going to get my Charger painted soon and I'm doing my research to get it right. What is the stripe made of? Some say the factory used tape, some say it was painted on. Which is it?

Thanks, I getting ready to do my Coronet and was wondering the samething.

I'm going with Performance Car Graphics, thanks... but I looked and might order the technical packet full of all the cool decals there.

Last edited:
I have used Performance Car Graphics on several restoration projects, some were mine, some I did for other folks , and I have always gotten great service and very high quality products from these guys.

Don't forget to wait to put the stripe on for at least 90 days. The paint needs to fully cure before application.

make sure its 3M material (I think most companies use it anyway, but doesn't hurt to ask).

I'm going to order my stripe from PCG, cause I know they use 3M tape. Thanks for the reminder.

Auto Transport Service
Back