• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bumper rechrome prices.

SandDiesel

Local time
9:27 PM
Reaction score
What seems to be the average price, if you have a straight bumper no dings, for strip and rechrome on a front bumper? Just want to know what to expect as I'm trying to find one now for my 65 Bvdr. Thanks guys.

What seems to be the average price, if you have a straight bumper no dings, for strip and rechrome on a front bumper? Just want to know what to expect as I'm trying to find one now for my 65 Bvdr. Thanks guys.

I did my 69 Dart bumpers for front and rears I spent 500.00

The prices could be all over the place. It really depends on who does it and what they wanna charge. Are they gonna use copper nickle chrome is another question. I have heard of people with coronets get bumpers done anywhere from $400-$1000 for each. Seems like Tri-City (I think that is what they are called) in TN has the best reputation.

Good Luck. Shop around.....that's all I can say.

For some reason I found it more expensive to get a bumper rechromed than to buy one already rechromed.... go figure.
To buy one already rechromed (triple plated) is usually around $400 with a core.
I bought a Tri City rear for my 62' early this year. It looked really nice but I recently noticed it starting a "spider web cracking" at one of the bolt holes.

I have had good luck with Muscle Car Bumpers out of GA.They are @St.Louis every year so I let them know ahead of time bring a good core & do an exchange.My 64 Polara set was $800 exchange this year.3rd set of bumpers I've bought in 5yrs from [email protected] far so good.

I used Razorback Plating in west Memphis Arkansas. They straightened and rechromed my '65 Coronet bumpers. They are suppliers for bump shops here in Tennessee. I am a happy camper with the quality (for the price). I am not going to say that they will be 100% concourse, but pretty darn nice. They actually had a local rep pick up and deliver.

Place in Ft.Worth I used would get about 150 per bumper. But I'm not there right now

Try Bumper Boyz ,they are out of California also

Unfortunately I don't have a front core so I need to start from scratch. I had a good one purchased but fell through. Got a lead on another with a fair price so hopefully I'll be fixed up soon.

You should try giveing them a call ,they maybe able to help you,dosent hurt to ask

Figure $300.00-$400.00 for a quality rechromed bumper. Tri City in Elizabethton Tennessee has done several for me and I have always been happy. Lifetime guarantee from them and they may have your core in stock. I'd stay away from bumper boyz. They like to grind the old chrome off.... wavey results.

Auto Transport Service
Back