• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

burn out

early2drsedan

Local time
9:30 AM
Reaction score
i have m/t et street drag radials i been told to go into the water do small burn out and someone else drive around the water do a small burn out i know if you dont want get them to hot thanks

Ive been told roll through water, start burnout in 1st, upshift let off line lock when you start to see smoke.

Call MT for best answer

I try to drive around the water to keep it out of the treads. Regardless, I then back up, and I have been just spinning 'em up in 1st gear (3 pedal car)
Once I get the line lock I bought installed, I would still try avoiding the water, but I may back into it a bit, roll forward, and spin them up in 2nd gear (4.10 R&P)
I defer to those with much more experience (which is just about everyone here)
:popcorn2::popcorn2::popcorn2:

I have the same tires on my Camaro. They need heat to stick. I use the line lock and let off about 2-3 seconds after they start to smoke.

Mine spin and kill the 60 foot time if aren’t heated enough.

We roll through the water box and set line lock ahead of it.....then once they signal, we run the burnout for a good 5 seconds to get the tire hot. That is with a hoosier slick though which is a 32" by 10.5".

Auto Transport Service
Back