• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Butterscotch Mopars

GTXperience

Local time
6:30 PM
Reaction score
It seems that Butterscotch wasn't a real popular color with b-bodies compared to a-bodies. Anyone have any pics of their butterscotch b-bodies (or any bodystyle for that matter)?

Tons? If we were going by actual weight, I could believe that statement. ;) Do you have any examples? I haven't come across any yet.

Its still a project and I just bought it. It's no looker, but was paid in full with one payment. The only rust on the car is the center trunk pan and the channel where the rear window sits. The fronts of the quarters are bad, however they have to be changed out anyways. I have nice doors and most everything to put the car together. It is a 4-speed car with the only other option being tinted windows.

p1030298kh8.jpg

p1030289wn5.jpg

p1030295dz3.jpg

p1030296mo6.jpg

An AZ car eh? Did you go and get it or was it closer when you picked it up? Hey, I think I see a little Butterscotch left on there. ;) That's going to be a cool ride when it's done. Keep us apprised of its progress.

Hahahaha.

All that matters is I love this machine. I can't wait to get it driveable.

I picked it up in just outside of Columbus, Ohio (Baltimore).

You do know that A 12 has been rebodied right.The upper half is a two door and the lower half is a 4 door.The two doors have full wheel well openings the four doors do not.I saw this on E bay. Jim

Really?
icon_rolleyes.gif

Bla_Bla_Bla.gif

I watched the auction too. :yes:

Once the new outer wheel housings and quarter skins are put on nobody is gonna care except for the super purists which can suck on my hairy beanbag.
It is super clean and will be pretty easy compared to what we have done before. Ths car really sparks anger in some people. I may just leave the small wheel openings on the car, though I doubt I could do that. Someone coined it the A6 (half an A12, obviously) which I kinda thought was clever so I was thinking of a build with a slant six engine, however that probably wouldn't be nearly as much fun to beat the snot out of. Not to mention it would be pretty :blush: only having ~200 horsepower and being out run by everything else on the road. I sure would hate everyone around here in their Camarys & minivans talking about how they smoked the Mopar with the big hood scoop, stripe and large rear tires (with a 4-speed no less).
All that matters is I got what I wanted and I can't wait to get it together and start flogging the car harder then most people did back in 1969.

Last edited:
Here's a start! I really prefer butterscotch A12 cars to have a black vinyl top.
KID

71Bee EL5 white.jpg

A12 440 EL5 Carlisle 08.JPG

nats Gary Fast.jpg

stellan sweden.JPG

Kid, thanks for the images. Damn, fresh Butterscotch is really attractive. My 37 year old Butterscotch paint job ... not so much. ;)

It's just sad this day and age someone would do that to a A12 car.And then the hillbilly used a four door to rebody it.Cut the roof and tops of the quarters off and weld them to a four door.Sorry but that is no longer an A12 car.Yes it is your car and you can do what you want with it.You may say it doesn't matter because I will never sell it.That may be true,but your wife may be a widow someday.And some poor bastard will buy it thinking he is getting a real A12 car.I know you didn't do this to this car.I just don't understand how a honest Mopar guy could buy this thing.
Jim

Here we go again

Once upon a time it wasn't uncommon for a car to be clipped if it had been crashed really hard. In a case like that, I doubt anyone here would pop off and claim it was no longer a "real ____" It would be whatever it started life as, and had whatever was necessary done to it to fix it.

So if someone doesn't want to buy this, or any other car, after having had major surgery to save it. Fine. Don't buy it.

But consider this. G.G., who is as against hacking cars as much as anyone on the planet has given his blessing to the "repair" of the last Hemi Cuda vert. It's the one off the reservation that has (basically) nothing left from behind the firewall. But some rich guy owns it, and can afford to have it resurrected. So it's being fixed. And asfar as G.G. is concerned, it's STILL an original Hemi Cuda Vert.

I know there are a lot of people who could care less what G.G. thinks or says. But, he has attained a certain status in this business/hobby, and what he says DOES carry weight.

By the time I kick the bucket (barring anything in the near future) I think these cars will be fairly worthless anyways. The prices are already falling pretty rapidly and with fuel and insurance costs rising constantly I suspect most people are going to decide these muscle cars are not really worth owning anymore. The government regulations are not getting any easier to keep these cars on the road either. Or to keep a parts car in your yard or even a nice car with no plate in your own driveway for that matter. Between scrap metal prices being so high and everyone else charging top dollar for every little part a lot of people that were into Mopars as a hobby before they were popular have been financially squeezed out the hobby.

I agree it is a shame what happened with my car as no car in my opinion deserves to sit and rot away in a field until there is nothing left. Not a an A12 car not even a 4-door. At least they salvaged what they could from the original car to someday put it back on the road. At least they kept the car alive. I guess I look at it a lot different then most people.
It bothers you that they used a 4-door, but whats the difference? Sure they have a few very small differences but going down the road at 45-75 mph (depending on where I drive it to) nobody is gonna be able to see them. Even at car shows and at the strip nobody will be able to tell the difference. Heck when I am banging through the gears & standing on the throttle, I am quite certain I will not even be able to tell. I am sure the reason they used this 4-door as a donor because it is rust free and extremely clean.
Would it have been any better if they just let the car sit and rot back into the Earth? At least this way it'll be back on the streets keeping the interest in muscle cars alive to help preserve the hobby.
You can say it isn't an A12 anymore and you can call it a 4-door if it makes you sleep better. You can curse it and call it whatever you want, but it's going to be a kick @ss car again. I guess it'll just make it that much sweeter when it is.

A lot of people were vocal about how this car is a fraud, blah, blah, blah. Yet when they found the original General Lee it was very destryed. I remember reading in the article the only part of the original 1969 Charger left usable was a small section of the roof as even the roof was all bent up. Yet that car is looked up to in high regaurd as super cool. I guess I do not see how a car that has been gone through and has more reproduction panels & steel then original is any better then my Bee. Maybe it is because when Scott did my Bee it wasn't done piece by piece / panel by panel.
At least nobody can argue that my Bee is 100% 1969 Detroit steel as it sits right now and virtually rust free at that.

You guys can say/think what you want, at least I have one. And I am damn proud of it.

Of course I wish it was in the shape it is in and was all original/untouched. However if it was I would not have been able to purchase it at all let alone buy it and haul it home for the $4,250.00 I have into it.

These cars will be fairly worthless in the future...Please Although I agree it is getting hard for the common man to afford a true Mopar muscle car .Six packs forget it,Hemis forget it,70-74 Cudas Challengers forget it,68-70 Chargers forget it,Big Block A bodys forget it,even a nice 68-72 Road Runner is $20,000 plus.All the cool Mopars common or not are so valuable it isn't funny.
Good luck with your car. Jim

But consider this. G.G., who is as against hacking cars as much as anyone on the planet has given his blessing to the "repair" of the last Hemi Cuda vert. It's the one off the reservation that has (basically) nothing left from behind the firewall. But some rich guy owns it, and can afford to have it resurrected. So it's being fixed. And asfar as G.G. is concerned, it's STILL an original Hemi Cuda Vert.

wonder how much GG got paid for his approval of that wreck. that thing is/was a mess. like to see step by step pics of that rebody.

Well its impossible to say what will happen to the value of these cars in the future, I honestly think that once gas doubles it current price (which may not be that far distant) the coolness of these 10-18 mpg muscle cars are going to wear off quickly. Especially when you are gonna pay out the wazoo for insurance and to keep yet another vehicle on the road. Between these costs, the inflation that will come with it, and the upkeep on these machines to keep them going and keep the bodies from not rotting away it will cause an implosion of some degree.

Driving these cars are great (therapeudic even), however when it costs half of ones income to keep it on the road and drive it once and a while I think a lot of people will just give up on them.

Hopefully it will never come to that, however lately I have already seen a pretty big shift of poeple getting out of these older cars and into late model modern hot rods and for good reason I suppose.

I don't think the hobby will really suffer. MOST people in the hobby only drive their cars on the weekend.....as opposed to A body people, who drive their cars all the time. So if you keep that in mind, and figure they only drive an average of (say) 60 miles a weekend, then they only drive about 240 miles a month. And they don't do that every weekend of every month. So you figure they maybe use 3 tanks of gas every two months.

Doesn't figure to be all that much in the grander scheme of things

Auto Transport Service
Back