• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buyers remorse!!!

Bb70charger500

Local time
7:51 PM
Reaction score
Hey guys kinda trying to figure out what to do about this guy!
I sold a used 8 3/4 sure grip 3.55 gears 489 case! So was going to list it at $800 but I Know the guy and he said $500 is what he normally pays I felt it was a bit low but ok .
He got it apart and says the spider is jacked up and now wants $200 back .
He was there as I cut it out of the car and I told him the thing looked like it was road hard .
What should I do ?
This guy is a friend and helps me out here and there

I’d offer a full refund for return
of all parts. Then determine what it’s value is to you and post it for sale for that amount. If he still wants it he can negotiate from there.

Want to keep a friend, cough up the $200. If not, I'm believing you thought it was good, but said rode hard, also sold at a discount, so....

I thought $500 was a gift for a unknown rear especially a 489 case big yoke sure grip 3.55 gears

Sounds like no shipping was involved. So I would Apologize as it was Unknown to you and give him his $500 back. Take the 3rd member and have it repaired and sell it for $800 as a known good one...

This is how I run deals with friends...
I torch out the rear. We decide on a fair price. $5 small sounds fair.
He takes it home, opens it up. Anything wrong with it, bring it back. None of this $2 small off crap, it’s good or it’s not. If it’s good, he shows up with all the cash.

If the guy is a friend who has helped you out at times why are you posting this? Everybody is friends until there is money involved. My friend gave me a 8 3/4 sure grip with 3:55 gears for nothing. When he needs anything I help him or give it to him for nothing. If he called me for help at 2 tomorrow mourning, id be there and he would do the same.
Give him the two hundred back
And BTW that rear, I had it rebuilt anyway. When the guy who did the job, opened it up he said it looked like it was never touched and in good shape

I’d offer a full refund for return
of all parts. Then determine what it’s value is to you and post it for sale for that amount. If he still wants it he can negotiate from there.
This is the answer you're seeking. No negotiation required.

thats tough Friends get fewer as the years go by. Do what your heart says.

Do you help him out here and there? If so you're on equal footing and that shouldn't come into play here. I'd have him return everything and give him back the $500.

Hey guys kinda trying to figure out what to do about this guy!
I sold a used 8 3/4 sure grip 3.55 gears 489 case! So was going to list it at $800 but I Know the guy and he said $500 is what he normally pays I felt it was a bit low but ok .
He got it apart and says the spider is jacked up and now wants $200 back .
He was there as I cut it out of the car and I told him the thing looked like it was road hard .
What should I do ?
This guy is a friend and helps me out here and there

Find a new friend OR give him the $200, remain friends but NEVER do any transactions with him again.

I agree with most replys.
Tell him you'll take it back & give him his money back. If he comes up with excuses then tell him your freindship is worth more than $500, let alone $300

Give him his money back, you get third member. Check spiders see what's wrong. Call drdiff buy parts. Sell for $800.

Last edited:
So i offered to just give him the money back and fix it myself! He much rather keep it he says and wants some money back . I'm just going to give him the cash and not sell to him in future

So i offered to just give him the money back and fix it myself! He much rather keep it he says and wants some money back . I'm just going to give him the cash and not sell to him in future
Tell him that is not an option. It is $500 as is or just cancel the deal. Sounds like he wants to get one over on you and has you in the position he wants you in..

Whatever happened to "as is, where is"?

You have a bad back and you're still messing around with heavy stuff?

He has helped you out in the past. That's good, but you didn't say he was a good friend. How long have you been friends? Friendship is give and take and any "differences" are offset by camaraderie. Can you depend on each other in the future?

Discuss it with him and go from there.

Auto Transport Service
Back