• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

buying a used car online

eldubb440

more miracles than Jesus
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:42 AM
Reaction score
so I see these commercials such as "vroom.com"; and there's more than one ....... "all you need is a phone and a thumb"

what could possibly go wrong?

people must be doing it because the commercials continue......... proof that the population is getting more stupid with each passing year

Last edited:
But it’s just so difficult walking up to a human and talk to them!

B02AF918-CF47-40B7-8427-B5116830EA7F.gif

Honestly would they even know what to look for? Heck would I know what to look for on a relatively new vehicle? Other than the obvious, which would show up in pics.... I would just raise the hood and nod my head ....LOL

...and the return of fender skirts on their delivery trucks.

the used car world is full of bad collision repairs, flooded cars, rentals, ect..... and many boast a clean car fax report

Speaking from a service perspective...we have customers in all the time with car they bought on vroom, or carvana. Issue? They pay for it, period. All these companies put warranties on the vehicles, and whatever the customer finds..."take care of it". Had a VW TDI in last week, check engine light, low-boost codes...3h diag and we found battery had cracked, leaking acid on an intercooler hose and eating a hole in it. Paid for the diag; paid for the hose replacement; paid for the battery replacement!

Also happening in Pomona CA. for other licensing issues.
In Michigan last night wife and I saw only 1 car in one of their vending machines near our area.

SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (WTVO) — The state of Illinois has suspended the license of online auto dealer Carvana after the company failed to properly transfer titles on vehicles it sold. The company is also accused of misusing out-of-state temporary registration permits, according to Automotive News.May 17, 2022

Auto Transport Service
Back