• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CA Dealership circa 1970

Baller

Local time
11:48 AM
Reaction score
Hey all. I received some info regarding my GTX. Apparently it was sold new at Lemers(not sure on the spelling) in Concord CA. I can't find any info on it. Does a dealership list exist that goes back to the late 60's to early 70's? Or does anyone remember a mopar dealer in the area back in the day.

mon.PNG

Hey all. I received some info regarding my GTX. Apparently it was sold new at Lemers(not sure on the spelling) in Concord CA. I can't find any info on it. Does a dealership list exist that goes back to the late 60's to early 70's? Or does anyone remember a mopar dealer in the area back in the day.

that's a really old dealership

it's not even there anymore, replaced with a Save Mart
IIRC or some other shopping center,
been a few years since getting down there...
There hasn't been any dealership on main drag of Pleasant Hill
or on Monument Blvd, for a really long time,
(unless there's a new ones)
"most" they all moved to Concord, Pacheco/Martinez or Walnut Creek
going back to the late 70's early 80 IIRC

Lehmer's is a Buick, GMC dealership on Market St.,
(hasn't been Dodge for a really long time)
North West part of Concord, by Waterworld
IIRC Willow Pass exit off the bypass -242- between hwy 4 & 680 interchange
may have a different off ramp now, don't quote me

IIRC 'Lithia' Dodge Jeep Ram Chrysler on Marsh Dr. in Concord
out by the Solano or maybe Olivera exit area,
off Hwy-4, out by the drive in theater, replaced/bought it out, if IIRC,
it's in/was in ? in between Concord & Pacheco sort of

not sure any of that helps, good luck

been a while since I've been down there

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I saw that Lehmer's is GM, I didn't know that they used to be mopar back in the day. A phone call to them won't hurt.

I have the Region and the Dealer Code number for my '64 Polara which I bought from private party living outside of LA, California. The Chrysler Historical Society said in their report on the car that both codes were N/A in their database.

Is there another source somewhere where I could run these codes to try and find the selling dealership of the car when it was new?

If you have a copy of your IBM card it should have the dealer code. My car was sold at
Harger - Haldman in Los Angles Ca. and the dealer code was 8615.

I have the IBM card, and I have the dealer code which is 16016 and I know that the region number is #12. But that's it.....

Since the CHS didn't have records to tell me what specific dealer these numbers correlate to I'm kinda stuck unless somebody here has some records. The previous owners told me that the car was in Los Angeles for a long time but I'm not sure where it was sold since they weren't the original owners.

Thanks!

When I requested the build information (IBM card) on my car I also asked it they could identify the original selling dealer which they did.

Lehmer's is an Olds dealer and they are still in business. They were never a MoPar dealer that I know of and I grew up in Concord. The Plymouth dealer back in the 60's was called Freeway Chrysler Plymouth then became Diablo Chrysler Plymouth.

Lehmer's is an Olds dealer and they are still in business. They were never a MoPar dealer that I know of and I grew up in Concord. The Plymouth dealer back in the 60's was called Freeway Chrysler Plymouth then became Diablo Chrysler Plymouth.

Thanks Meep-meep. I thought that Lehmers might be a stretch as the spelling was different. I did check out their history and saw no Mopar association, not that they'd promote that on a gm dealership site.

Auto Transport Service
Back