• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cables

RSZ28

Local time
9:53 AM
Reaction score
Planning to use subframe connectors on my 65 Belvedere II. Will the parking brake cables need to go through a fabricated opening in the connectors or do they just go over them? If anyone else did this, how did you do it? Thanks

The cables won't be a problem they run from the center of the cross member in a pyramid shape to the rear wheels! They are attached to the rear frame rails about 4 " from the end of the rail!

I rerouted mine through some fabbed sleeves so I could control exhaust interference.
Mike
IMG_1337.JPG
IMG_1338.JPG

Many years ago i did this on my 1st ever subframe connecter install. Make sure to allow for movement when the the brake is activated. I failed to do this. The adjuster bolt was to large for the hole. It bottomed against the subframe tube when applied.
Doug

Are the floor & frame rail brackets available and if so, where?
I know you get the floor brackets with the AMD floor pans for the B-bodies, so they may offer them separately, if you could use something like the stock set...

Auto Transport Service
Back