• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Californis Duster???

Longknife

Local time
6:08 AM
Reaction score
Any body use one? Tell me what U think!, Thanks

I have 2 of the full size and 1 small one for things like the dash. They cause no swirl marks, but I do follow up with some instant detailer and microfiber cloths.

I've had the same one for over 15 years now, 4 cars later it still works as good as the first day I bought it.

This is from their website

How Do I Clean My California Car Duster?
"The dirtier it gets, the better it works." That's been our catchphrase since 1989. You really do not want to try and clean or rinse the California Car Duster until it is a last resort. For daily maintenance, simply shake out the car duster or clean it thoroughly with an air gun. The mop will discolor with continued use, but keep using the car duster as long as it is picking up the dust. When the car duster begins to push the dust you can try to rinse the mop with cool water and mild detergent in your garage sink and then let it air dry. Only do this as a final straw as rinsing the mop does risk pulling some of the baked in wax out of the mop. If cleaning the mop does not rejuvenate the California Car Duster, then it is time for a new one.

My California Car Duster is Leaving Streaks or Lint on My Vehicle. What Do I Do?
This just means that the car duster mop is too hot or has some moisture in it. It is best to dust your vehicle in the morning or early evening when the vehicle's paint and/or the car duster are not hot. If you have moisture in the car duster, you can set it on some newspaper to air dry and remove the excess moisture. Any streaks on your vehicle's paint are easily removed with some detail spray.

Once in a while a duster has some lint left in it from cutting that doesn't get as thorough of a suctioned before packaging as it should. Shake the California Car Duster before and after each use to loosen any trapped fibers. You can also blow the mop with compressed air to remove lint. We also recommend using a garage vac to suck out some of the loose fibers at the base of the mop. That should eliminate the extra fibers that were trapped at production.

What Makes the California Car Duster Better?
Most car dusters on the market use a sprayed in oil treament that simply does not last. The California Car Duster features a signature baked in wax treament for better performance and longevity. The process is costlier and takes more time, but it's the way we have been doing it since 1989. That's why we are the original car duster and still the best.

Great product. I've been using them over 20 years with no scratches or complaints...

Thanks, Guys. I got the set for Christmas. Guess its time to get them out and use 'em!!!!

Each one of my cars has their own CA duster. Like the instructions say, don't try to clean it...

Auto Transport Service
Back