• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Caliper brakets

5.7 hemi

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:49 AM
Reaction score
I was on my way home on friday and I heard this clunk come frome the drivers side front and whatever it was bounced a few times under the car. I stopped at the next town and looked for whatever it was, I didn't see anything, didnt find anything missing, so I I drove on home. When I got home the car wouldnt back up, tires were locking up. So I thought that my e-brake cable was adjusted to tightly.

Well today I got under the car, adjusted the cable again, check the rear drums, drivers side was right, passenger side had the shoes *** backwards, so I fixed that and tried to back out and the front tires wouldn't budge. So I adjusted the pedal rod thinking the master wasn't totally releasing, wrong big time.

Turns out the caliper adapter on the drivers side lost the top bolt, that is what I heard bounce and hit the bottom of the car, and the bottom bolt was loose as hell. The disc conversion is the 73 and up style with slider calipers, so I need to get another bolt and this time loctite will be my new best friend and I'll torque them instead of just getting as tight as I could.

The point is, if you are using this style of front disc's, double check everything as you may not be as lucky as I was. I gotta say, Ma Mopar was watching over me along with the man upstairs.

No!!! I do have some in the tool box and will put it to good use tomorrow.

Auto Transport Service
Back