• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Caliper problems

Rusty 72

Local time
1:57 PM
Reaction score
Hi.
I’m redoing the brakes and front end on my 72 Charger. Ok so I took this apart awhile ago and I’m having trouble getting the calipers situated correctly.
First, they are rear mounted calipers? Otherwise I have the spindles on the wrong sides.
Second, I am having a hard time installing the rubber brake hoses? The caliper mounting bolts are getting in the way?
Third, I had a bad caliper and I got a new passenger one from Napa. That new caliper has the bleeder on the bottom? And I confirmed it’s the correct caliper for the passenger front. Or maybe I have the wrong rubber brake hoses?
It’s hot and humid and maybe I’m thinking clearly. Please sort me out.
Thanks Jeanette

0FB72D38-81BE-49B8-9FE0-379261C3A07D.jpeg 91638163-4FCF-4929-A974-52A85B394993.jpeg

the bleeder has to be on top to get air out! I'm thinkin the spindles are reversed. the calipers would be on the front side and the bleeders on top and also the hoses would fit correctly. IMO Ruffcut

72 is front mount, that's the biggest part of the problem. Get them swapped around, and yes bleeder on top. EDIT: Also there is a right and left caliper so make sure they are mirrors of each other.

IMG_0400.JPG

Ok. So I must have the spindles on backwards. Here’s what I have on the passenger side. This must go on the drivers side. That makes much more sense.

620ABA48-4BFD-4DF2-B053-8C33D0C352F5.jpeg

Experience is how we learn. The trick is to remember it for next time... I commend you for doing it yourself. No shame, we've all been there.

Auto Transport Service
Back