• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Calling all Mopar experts, what is this?

PlymCrazy

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:16 AM
Reaction score
Looking for general consensus from you guys on what the car is in this picture. That's my dad in high school vocational tech (aka BOCES around here). I never paid attention to the car here when I've seen this picture in the past. Thanks @HawkRod for bringing this to my attention. Sounds like you and @68BabyBlue are onto it.
:thumbsup:

1668604124226.png

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Yes, 69 Road Runner would be my guess as well.

Looking for general consensus from you guys on what the car is in this picture. That's my dad in high school vocational tech (aka BOCES around here). I never paid attention to the car here when I've seen this picture in the past. Thanks @HawkRod for bringing this to my attention. Sounds like you and @68BabyBlue are onto it.
:thumbsup:

View attachment 1373963
LOVE this thread!
In spite of the fact that it makes me miss my Dad even more.
Very cool pic. Looks like your Dad could have been a stand-in for Arnie in Christine!
God bless!
Edit: got my threads confused, thought I was replying to the one where you are sharing pics of your Dad's cars.

Last edited:
Rectangle side marker light makes it a '69 Plymouth. Can't read the model name but, there's a choice between Belvedere which was badged on the fender, satellite, and Sport Satellite which also was badged on the fender, Roadrunner which was badged on the door, and GTX which was badged on the quarter. That one's badged on the door so I'm going with a 1969 Roadrunner. Your Dad's in the way so I can't tell if it's a Coupe or a Hardtop. Not a lift-off hood car so not an A12.

A couple quick memories of being in auto shop class in high school. I saw a kid flip one of the school vans off a two post hydraulic lift,when he lowered it with the drivers side door open and it caught the railing of the front end alignment pit. It landed on a teacher's car that was being repaired. No one was hurt. I saw a kid get in a teachers late sixties Ford truck, turn the key with it in gear,and up on a floor jack and crash it into a steel work bench,crushing the jack and cracking the block wall of the shop. I also saw these two seniors who were kinda douche bags,take my step sisters boyfriend Brad's 70 Chevelle SS 396 4 speed car out for a joyride and blow the engine in it,after he gave them the keys to have some routine work done to the car that morning before school started. It was towed back to school on the hook. They put a junkyard 402 engine in Brad's Chevelle out of a pickup truck and needless to say the Chevelle SS was never the same and never ran the same and he sold the car soon after getting it back. The two douche bags were cocky about what they did to his car and bitched the whole time about having to pay for the junkyard engine and having to install it. They went on and on about what a piece of **** the car was so one day I heard about enough of it and told them to shut the fu*k up and fix the effing car they ruined, they didn't like that much,but tough ****. Over in the metal fab shop a kid welding a 67 Cutless convertible caught it on fire and managed to back it out of the garage before it burned to the ground! Fond memories of high school shop class.

Cool pic , its great to have those.
Yes , 69 RR with a air grabber.

A couple quick memories of being in auto shop class in high school. I saw a kid flip one of the school vans off a two post hydraulic lift,when he lowered it with the drivers side door open and it caught the railing of the front end alignment pit. It landed on a teacher's car that was being repaired. No one was hurt. I saw a kid get in a teachers late sixties Ford truck, turn the key with it in gear,and up on a floor jack and crash it into a steel work bench,crushing the jack and cracking the block wall of the shop. I also saw these two seniors who were kinda douche bags,take my step sisters boyfriend Brad's 70 Chevelle SS 396 4 speed car out for a joyride and blow the engine in it,after he gave them the keys to have some routine work done to the car that morning before school started. It was towed back to school on the hook. They put a junkyard 402 engine in Brad's Chevelle out of a pickup truck and needless to say the Chevelle SS was never the same and never ran the same and he sold the car soon after getting it back. The two douche bags were cocky about what they did to his car and bitched the whole time about having to pay for the junkyard engine and having to install it. They went on and on about what a piece of **** the car was so one day I heard about enough of it and told them to shut the fu*k up and fix the effing car they ruined, they didn't like that much,but tough ****. Over in the metal fab shop a kid welding a 67 Cutless convertible caught it on fire and managed to back it out of the garage before it burned to the ground! Fond memories of high school shop class.
Talk about stirring up old memories :rofl:

Sorry I made you relive all that lol!

That's all great stuff right there. Who needs fictional comedy when real life is so much more humorous?

What a wonderful picture to have of your dad. You're very fortunate to have it. Congrats!

Sounds like the verdict is unanimous. 1969 Roadrunner. Blows my mind as I own one myself now. Meant to be? Hmmm....

What a wonderful picture to have of your dad. You're very fortunate to have it. Congrats!
Amazes me how so many pictures have gotten lost or destroyed over the years with my parents splitting and us moving so much. But what a neat connection to make.

Talk about stirring up old memories :rofl:

Sorry I made you relive all that lol!

That's all great stuff right there. Who needs fictional comedy when real life is so much more humorous?
There were a lot of great times too,hot girls and cool cars in the shop as well as the parking lot. Almost every morning was like Fast Times at Ridgemont High in my friends van before going into school. They built the high school right next to the park,so the park was the place to be, before, during and after school!

Amazes me how so many pictures have gotten lost or destroyed over the years with my parents splitting and us moving so much. But what a neat connection to make.
Our family car was a 1970 Charger R/T SE, so my mom's car was faster than almost anything in the school parking lot!

Our family car was a 1970 Charger R/T SE, so my mom's car was faster than almost anything in the school parking lot!
Yup, that'd be the car to beat alright. Your mom? I love it. That's great:lol:

Yep 69 RR with a N96 option

those 70's dudes are 'too cool for school too'

LOVE this thread!
In spite of the fact that it makes me miss my Dad even more.
Very cool pic. Looks like your Dad could have been a stand-in for Arnie in Christine!
God bless!
Edit: got my threads confused, thought I was replying to the one where you are sharing pics of your Dad's cars.
Hey no worries man. I’m still busy over there on that tribute thread to dad. Still got a ways to go. Getting to it as time and my heart allows. Appreciate you sounding off regardless.

Auto Transport Service
Back