• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Calling out te BS'er !

383man

Local time
3:39 AM
Reaction score
I have a buddy who is a nice guy but he does BS his stories alot. I usually never say anything as he is a nice guy and never bothers me. But the other day he is telling me how him and his buddy were the best drivers around when they bracket raced years ago. Then he tells me how they raced each other and both cut .00 lites while the brand Xer's were watching. And he then tells me how they both ran 11.50's. Now this was supposed to be 20 years ago when they did not even give reation times ! But I decided to ask him what mph they were turning running 11.50's and he tells me 131 mph !!! I said wow you should have been going 10.0's at 131 mph. I guess he did not hook to good ? LMAO as he did not know what to say fter that and I just walked away. :walk: Ron

Tell him you ran in the low 6's on street tires and all stock motor and see the reaction you get lmao

They have an icon for you to use when you know someone lieing through his teeth.I use it often:happy1:

:BSMeter:

tell him you ran in the low 6's on street tires and all stock motor and see the reaction you get lmao

lol....

23704104.jpg

:headbang: Yeah, my man can toss out a story or two ... sometimes I'll throw in an Animal House "court room cough" while he's on the phone just to be ornery.

deja moo.jpg

Sudden Drama.jpg

Care-O-Meter.jpg

BS Stories..

In my stories i always show em my Time slips from over 20 years ago.
They just could not believe i was actually at the drag strip and not on the street!
And they ask what does that number mean?
I say that is my reaction time...LOL:pink banana:

never understood why guys do that. I'd guess every group of friends has one; in our group it was Kevin.

I have a bud that still claims he ran 12.5 in the 1/4 with his stock 72 Road runner 400 4 bbl 727 open rear end and street tires, and has the slip to prove it, well nobody was there and nobody has seen the slip and we all know it's bull....yet he insists. Like nobody knows what it takes to go that fast.

Hell I cant even get into the 13's with my GTX 440+6 450 hp 530 torque hemi 4 speed dana 3.54 and street tires my best was 14.2

I have heard many other ridiculous claims that you just know is bull, Why do people feel the need to do that is beyond me.

Quoting 440+6.......

"I have heard many other ridiculous claims that you just know is bull, Why do people feel the need to do that is beyond me."

These people get this........

BSER1292981696.jpg

I have a bud that still claims he ran 12.5 in the 1/4 with his stock 72 Road runner 400 4 bbl 727 open rear end and street tires, and has the slip to prove it, well nobody was there and nobody has seen the slip and we all know it's bull....yet he insists. Like nobody knows what it takes to go that fast.

Hell I cant even get into the 13's with my GTX 440+6 450 hp 530 torque hemi 4 speed dana 3.54 and street tires my best was 14.2

Wow with those numbers I would think you'd have a better time than that. Were you roasting the tires? I have no track experience but from the couch or stands I'd guess you'd be in the 11's.

That really gets me going when someone starts BSing like that. It's like Dude do you think I'm that F'n stupid to believe that crap!

Most of us add a little bit of flare to our stories at times especially when the beer is flowing lol. As for not having reaction times 20 years ago....maybe not where you live but the new Houston track had it when they opened in 88 and the old track had it before 83. And yeah, been around lots of arm chair drag racers too that don't know how to add up the numbers but I know a couple of guys that can do 130 at the track but run lousy ET. They are usually the ones that have some kind of an exotic car that's capable of running over 170 out on the open road and is geared for top end and not the 1/4 mile. What kind of cars did these guys have? :D

He probably thinks you're really cool and he's just trying to fit in.

I got lucky and cut a .4x reaction once...and it's the best out of our entire group...ever.

That was around 1992, so yeah, even our podunk 1/8 mile track was handing out those 20 years ago.

I've got that slip somewhere. It was the first time I ran my 360 727 3.23 duster. I think it was a 9.20 at 90 MPH.

:dark1: What's really SAD is when one of those BS'rs actually believe thier own BS.Then if you call 'en out on thier BS,they start dancin' and making up MORE bs!!!!!!!!!!!:violent1:

:dark1: What's really SAD is when one of those BS'rs actually believe thier own BS.Then if you call 'en out on thier BS,they start dancin' and making up MORE bs!!!!!!!!!!!:violent1:
if you tell the same lie enough,you start to belive it yourself.i used to run a supershops back in the day,you have no idea what bullshit slinging is like until you spent a day in there.

I had a low 13 sec 440 68 charger (headers' carb' &etc.) slicks...
............so, when I run a"12sec" cars on the street and beat them.....hummm? :thinker:may be not a 12 sec car?....in the end who cares what they claim....it makes me feel like I beat a car 1 sec faster...(back in the day) ..
It is hard to lie about how quick your car is unless you don't have ears, eyes, brains....

That really gets me going when someone starts BSing like that. It's like Dude do you think I'm that F'n stupid to believe that crap!

yeah in my crowd it was always the wannabe street squirrels & the Mustang guys were always a little out there... Drinken their Bong water, I think..

- - - Updated - - -

Ron by the way, they did actually put reaction times, on time slips 20 years ago, at every track I went to anyway...

- - - Updated - - -

That doesn't mean the rest of the guys story wasn't total BS...LOL...

Auto Transport Service
Back