• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cam price

sabre67

Local time
5:35 AM
Reaction score
Just priced out at Summit
Comp cam Thumpr hyd roller and lifters $1024.99
Howards cam Rattler roller and lifters $804.99
virtual same specs
which would you buy ? just curious?:rolleyes:

Just priced out at Summit
Comp cam Thumpr hyd roller and lifters $1024.99
Howards cam Rattler roller and lifters $804.99
virtual same specs
which would you buy ? just curious?:rolleyes:
I wouldn't. I'd buy used solid roller lifters on eBay for around $200 and then have a custom solid roller cam ground by Racer Brown or Schneider Racing Cams for $300

Got the comp cam kit for a 383 with lifter's spring's and all for around 800. hole kit. It was cheaper to get the kit.

Yes, this hobby definitely keeps getting more and more expensive. Especially, for the Mopar crowd. Hell, just my Camshaft cost me that much.

Probably buy Hughes. 1/2 way in between each of those money wise but mopar specific.

Don’t forget you’ll need springs too. More money...... never ends

i have new edelbock aluminum Performer rpm heads for this build (383)

I wouldn’t buy anything from comp cams. Especially hydraulic lifters. :thumbsup:

I’d have a custom cam ground and buy quality lifters.

I have a Hughes in my 500, and my RT numbers engine has a MR.Six pack cam #4 in it.. Never forget about Bob Karakisian aka Mr. Six Pack he is a walking dictionary of Mopar engines and loves to help! True Gentleman and racer and was taught by Tom Hoover.. There was a nice right up of Bobs Cuda recently in Mopar Collectors Guide! Hughes has been good to me too.. I try to stay Mopar specific period no Chevy parts or cam grinds!

1 word! Hughes. I haven't priced cams in a long time, but if you spend that much on a cam. You have more money than sense! Good Luck

Auto Transport Service
Back