• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Camshaft for a 470 build

1967 R/T

Local time
11:02 AM
Reaction score
Going to be building a 470 stroker with trickflow 240 heads and a low rise dual quad set up was wondering what type of camshaft I should get and

Going to be building a 470 stroker with trickflow 240 heads and a low rise dual quad set up was wondering what type of camshaft I should get and
You might as well post intended use, transmission type,rear gear ratio,etc. Because that will be some of the first things asked of you.

You might as well post intended use, transmission type,rear gear ratio,etc. Because that will be some of the first things asked of you.
Intended use is street and strip transmission will be a 727 and unsure of rear gear ratio atm ive just been figuring out the engine havent put much though into transmission or rear end yet

Call the cam manufacture you want and tell them what are the specifics of your engine and what you want to do with it and they will recommend what size cam should be used

Last edited:
I just went through this exercise. 470 stroker, trickflow 240 heads, edelbrock RPM intake, throttle body fuel injection, 727 trans, 2500 stall converter, 3.55 gear, hot Street use. Hughes recommended their SEH3236BL, a few others recommended the Comp Cams 23-228-4.

I would recommend calling Hughes and a few other mopar specific vendors to chat about your build to see their recommendations.

Auto Transport Service
Back