• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can a mod let members know about the “scammer” post

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuickBpBp

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:04 AM
Reaction score
There was just a post in here about a possible scammer which turned out it may have been a mistaken identity or a hacked account… I don’t think it does either member any good just to remove it with out letting others know what really happened.. as always Thanks in advance..

There was a post about a newer member that only took paypal fnfamily as payment and another member called him a scammer for doing so... which is not right. If that's the one you're talking about...

There was a post about a newer member that only took paypal fnfamily as payment and another member called him a scammer for doing so... which is not right. If that's the one you're talking about...
Yes but that member came forth and said he has never had ANY such conversation about selling anything to that member…

See what I miss when I leave this place for 10 minutes... :lol:
Exactly that is why I posted this.. It doesn’t let any member know what REALLY happened… Was it a hacked account? Was it mistaken identity?

There was just a post in here about a possible scammer which turned out it may have been a mistaken identity or a hacked account… I don’t think it does either member any good just to remove it with out letting others know what really happened.. as always Thanks in advance..
Yes but that member came forth and said he has never had ANY such conversation about selling anything to that member…
Exactly that is why I posted this.. It doesn’t let any member know what REALLY happened… Was it a hacked account? Was it mistaken identity?
Well first of all there is no reason to drag someone through the mud for being a scammer without just cause. There was no transaction, no fraud and nothing was done wrong. The OP didn't produce any incriminating posts or personal messages and the "scammer" posted on the thread and he seems to check out.
Then the name calling started and the thread was removed. No reason to get all wound up about something that never happened and if any member is going to accuse another member of fraud, he had better have some facts to back it up. Understood? This thread is also closed.

I guess no one saw the post I made about the 'said scammer' being a member here and in good standing? Like Mike said, no transaction took place but only a disagreement about how payment would be made if things had continued on to making a sale....and well, it may have been with a totally different member??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back