• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can anybody tell me about my car

ashtin

Local time
8:33 AM
Reaction score
I have this 1972 charger se, but I don’t know much about it. I am trying to get info and learn about it. The vin is WP29G2G172317. Please tell me what you know

9FB90D42-032A-4D20-9574-B1EDAFD87E2D.jpeg

BC2A1D7D-4DD1-4F06-A553-AF93840A072F.jpeg

3D550F69-5F55-49CE-BC65-65209DDEE43A.jpeg

CC87CA78-C72E-4929-90BF-B1B6D224D92C.jpeg

I can tell you that you will regret it if you sell it lol. But for real you can find all sorts of vin tag decoders and fender tag decoders on the web. There are lots of people here that will chime in soon enough but there is a lot you can find out researching on the web. Even free workshop manuals out there on the web

I can tell you that you will regret it if you sell it lol. But for real you can find all sorts of vin tag decoders and fender tag decoders on the web. There are lots of people here that will chime in soon enough but there is a lot you can find out researching on the web. Even free workshop manuals out there on the web
Ok thanks, I found a thing to decode the vin, and it says that the p code means it is a premium, know what that means, and don’t worry I’m not going to sell it, me and my dad are going to restore it and it will be my first car

That sounds like an awesome plan, enjoy it, and don’t be afraid to ask questions. Plenty of wonderful people on this forum that are willing to help.
:thumbsup:

Vin decodes as follows....

W = Dodge
P = Premium
29 = 2dr sports hardtop
G = 318/2bbl motor
2 = 1972
G = St. Louis, MO assembly plant
172317 = sequence number

If you can post up a pic of the fender tag we can give you a little more info about how your car left the factory.

The "P" means it's an SE.

The "29" means it has a special roofline (the distinct shape rear side windows).

If you post the fender tag, I bet we can get a definitive decoding right here.

Than
That sounds like an awesome plan, enjoy it, and don’t be afraid to ask questions. Plenty of wonderful people on this forum that are willing to help.
:thumbsup:
thanks bro
Vin decodes as follows....

W = Dodge
P = Premium
29 = 2dr sports hardtop
G = 318/2bbl motor
2 = 1972
G = St. Louis, MO assembly plant
172317 = sequence number

If you can post up a pic of the fender tag we can give you a little more info about how your car left the factory.
ok, I will try to get a picture of it, but it may be a while because it’s at my grandmas house

Auto Transport Service
Back