• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CAN ANYONE I.D. THIS RIFLE

If you give the FBBO crew the right info we can find anything...

I'm surprised that these SKS ae so much cheaper then other weapons, at least it appears that way.
Now, it being a Romanian is that better then if it was a Chinese or Russian or just some other copy?

I'm surprised that these SKS ae so much cheaper then other weapons, at least it appears that way.
Now, it being a Romanian is that better then if it was a Chinese or Russian or just some other copy?
Not any better or worse.
These are really good rifles from a durability standpoint. I highly recommend owning one as a dependable backup or a primary if that’s all you have.
They can be mistreated and abused and still shoot well.

At least one person has stated this before. We need a Firearms forum on B-bodies! I’d be proud to not only show my Mopar accomplishments, but also my collection, and love other’s collections! It can even be in the gold section to keep atf and others from snooping!

At least one person has stated this before. We need a Firearms forum on B-bodies! I’d be proud to not only show my Mopar accomplishments, but also my collection, and love other’s collections! It can even be in the gold section to keep atf and others from snooping!

You live in California, you don't have a collection.... Repeat after me "It was lost in a boating accident...."

Going on memory the Russian made sks stuff was viewed as most desireable. Seems like a handful of other Eastern block countries made them too, then China stuff came in somewhere along the line. Dad was buying Chinese sks for under $100.00 25 yrs or so back. I remember us laughing at the Chinese version having owned Russian ones. Then we shot it. Amazing accuracy for what they felt like comparing to USSR.

My brother bought one from Dad that will go full auto on its own. Fun to shoot if only you can predict when. We were buying 1000 rd cases of ammo for $120 shipped back then too.

Back in 1988-89 when the Recycler rag was the weekly bible for cars and such. This is when the "assault rifle" craze was going strong, and still legal in Calif. For a few weeks there was a bit of a price war going on for the Chinese AK47's, they were advertised for $99 ea from one store. I was looking at this and said "I should buy a bunch" but didn't. I did buy a new AR15 for $180. Street sweeper 12ga were like $250 with the drum mag.

In the mid-eighties, a local gun shop had Chinese SKS's still in cosmoline: crates of 3 for $100. That cheapness didn't help to change my low opinion of a gun I had never shot.
I imagine there are untold tons of them buried around the country.
Bush banned them and the price went up to $100 each over night.

In the mid-eighties, a local gun shop had Chinese SKS's still in cosmoline: crates of 3 for $100. That cheapness didn't help to change my low opinion of a gun I had never shot.
I imagine there are untold tons of them buried around the country.
Bush banned them and the price went up to $100 each over night.

Now that you mention it, I remember those Chinese weapons coming wrapped up and very messy. What turned me off about the China AK's was the nails in the wooden stocks, I even saw some of the nails bent over.

At Big Five in California in the ‘80’s they had Russian and Chech rifles (covered in oil), I think anywhere from $70 and up depending on the grade. Problem was you had to take their safety class and registration of some sort. It added another $100 to it!

'sort of' resembles Russian SKS
(or a copy sort of) 7.32x39 semiauto rifle
it has a rail added to the back
not exactly sure what it is
holes on the front & the rail on that back look different
where the mag goes in, looks the same

lots of remakes out there

A friends friend who is supposed to be up on this said the Russians were the only ones that used that air tube on top of the barrel, meaning that China didn't use that tube. I guess Romania is pretty close to Russian

Auto Transport Service
Back