• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can I borrow/rent your car!

Gonna borrow this from other half's grandson. Sold/shipped it back East to him last year for a smokin deal. Will use it to go to Chrysler Carlisle. Will detail and change oil as a user fee.
EE9BC993-9F1D-4372-A7C0-09BC656E65F5.jpeg

This is what happened the last time I let my Son drive. Now that his Wife has taken off on him I guess I should let him take it for another cruise...
kristalaaronweddingrehearsal 030.JPG
kristalaaronweddingrehearsal 037.JPG

There was a guy on here not too long ago that wanted to rent a car for a music video. HELL NO!!!
The saying "drive it like you stole it" comes to mind!!

There has been attempts to rent muscle/sports cars. I've never heard of one lasting long. I think insurance kills the plan.

The only successful business is driving/fantacy driving instruction on a track. Obviously much tighter controlled.

There was a guy on here not too long ago that wanted to rent a car for a music video. HELL NO!!!
The saying "drive it like you stole it" comes to mind!!
But there is another member here that rent his super bee for a music video he say that the guys were extremely careful with the car I guess it depends on the video/music, for a rap video never.

Last edited:
I used to give my GTX to my buddy to drive all summer. He worked at the Chrysler proving grounds and would drive it to work often. They have a big bullpen right out in front, and would let anybody that drove a classic to park in the bullpen to show off their cars. I didn’t care what he did when he had the car, and it always came back with things done to it. He was as proud of the car as I was. Sadly, he died in a motorcycle accident, but I will always savor the memories of our great friendship!

heres a pic of the car at his house, and one of him not long before he died.

D1046A97-556B-4162-816D-F0296B1D3FF7.jpeg 0854583A-2820-4490-A1B5-CE2A9CA0FDC0.jpeg

I let kids sit in my car when I take it to shows. They get their Dads to take pictures and seem to enjoy it.
That is my limit though. I'd let a trusted friend drive it but rent or lend it to someone where I can't see it?

1 laugh 3.jpg

I do have a pal who can drive anything I own. Anytime. Out of my sight.

The skilled friend with money is a safe bet.
I've loaned tools to losers with no cash...often times IF I get them back, they are damaged and the broke dick doesn't have the money to replace it.

I have had a couple lady friends drive my cars. One was very solid driver with a 4-speed. One was OK. But she was intimidated by the car(s) I had to explain. "Power is really in your right foot. The car drives 30 MPH just fine."

Welcome to the new world order...I dont have to work for what I want, I'll just let someone else give it to me....
I've taken my daughters and their dates(friends) in the 55 and the Nova just because mine isnt done. They enjoyed it and the attention it brought however short lived it was. Not to mention they were 15-16, not 18.

0917161912.jpg 20170204_161354.jpg

I'm still trying to get glitter out of the expedition the kids took to the prom 15 years ago. And I sold it 8 years ago with free glitter.

"Best Dad ever?"
A guy I worked with several years ago, let his son take his 1970 Hemi Road runner to the prom!:eek:

Last edited:
I had a neighbor ask to borrow mine. Told them no problem just show me 250k liability insurance .

An easy way to stop this is to install an anti millenial device called a 4 speed. They will look as confused as a child on fathers day in Harlem....

Auto Transport Service
Back