• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can I just evaporust these?

Kevin Bisgrove

Local time
8:11 PM
Reaction score
Can I just put these in evapo-rust until they clean up? I don't really see a reason to replace them.
I'm just not sure how evapotrust is with plastics and rubbers.
I see some people possibly put tie rod ends and lower ball joints in?
PXL_20201018_055820827.jpg
PXL_20201018_055829195.jpg

I’ve tossed so much in evaporust and had great luck.

Why? just wipe them down with some spray 9 cleaner and put them on the car , dont over think it

If there's that much rust on the metal I wouldn't trust the rubber to have a very long life.
New ones are like $10...

Evaporust. Their stock is up 10% since I started my resto. That stuff works great.

I would clean the rubber and the snubbers first. The EvapoRust wont necessarily clean the dirt off the rubber. It’ll just make your EvapoRust dirty. The backing plate and nut will be clean for sure, rubber not so much.

check out molasses for rust on google cleans rust and is very cheap have used it for years from trinkets to engine blocks , wont damage anything.

soak them in Simple Green over night, scrub clean with a brush or scotch brite pad, then soak in evaporust...they will look brand new.

soak them in Simple Green over night, scrub clean with a brush or scotch brite pad, then soak in evaporust...they will look brand new.
I've cleaned them already and they are in the evaporust now. Looking pretty good so far!
Thanks for the feedback

Auto Transport Service
Back