• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can somebody explain.....

Some folks have stupid amounts of cash....
BINGO ! More money than they know what to do with.
Me,you and most of the guys on here know what the value of a 10 dollar bill is to us. The people that are BUYING these cars, that value is $10,000.
They throw money around like it's pennies. Granted many work hard for what they have like Fluffy in the above posts.He makes big bucks for what he does and is constantly on the road. No time to enjoy his toys. My 2 cents .

Back in the late-sixties, the bass player in my band bought a 23 window bus for a couple hundred dollars. That's how we got from gig to gig. It was slow, cold and noisy, but at 17 years old, who cared. After replacing the engine for the third time, once in the parking lot of a old service station, he sold it, and we bought a proper mode of transportation. A 1965 Dodge A100.

Yep, different strokes for different folks. I would definitely take the 'Cuda, but hey I've been around the cars my whole life.

Many of the rebuilt aircooled VW motors now put out between 150-250hp. Naturally-aspirated, carbureted, stock external dimensions.

Don't assume the "slug" part of "slug-bus".

I had a 69 Bug in college. Fun, simple to work on (4 bolts and a skateboard and the engine was OUT), cheap...buses are neat...but very few vehicles are, to me, six-figure "cool".

My uncle John lived in a VW bus for like three years in the mid 70's......I'm sure that thing still smells like his nuts to this day.

It doesn't matter whether you're restoring a 69 4-door, 6 cylinder Rambler or a 70 hemi 'cuda, the labor rates are the same. A resto'd vehicle with the wrong wheels and tires doesn't mean its worth less money, it just means the owner liked those wheels. Maybe there was a note in the vehicle that says the originals come with the vehicle. And do you know what a 13-window VW bus is worth !!! So yes, what's wrong with people ... that they can't understand other people's attraction and love of other vehicles !!

A resto'd vehicle with the wrong wheels and tires doesn't mean its worth less money, it just means the owner liked those wheels.
Actually....yes it does, according to the market.

Last edited:
Actually....yes it does, according to the actual market.

Maybe a couple grand - certainly not enough that either party would be worried about. The weather on the day of the auction probably has more of an impact than the wrong wheels !!

Maybe a couple grand - certainly not enough that either party would be worried about. The weather on the day of the auction probably has more of an impact than the wrong wheels !!
Depends as always....but "a couple grand" is certainly "less money" - in any currency.

Auto Transport Service
Back