• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can someone give me the short course on where to find VIN numbers

SteveSS

Local time
6:19 PM
Reaction score
When I search all the comes up is decoding the VIN tag or someone selling a matching numbers car. I want specific locations on where to look to see if I have a matching numbers car. 1969 Dodge Charger SE 383 AT.

#1 rad support
#2 drivers trunk gutter. For 69 I believe.
Lots and lots and lots of threads on this subject.

Dash Vin
Radiator support
Trunk lip, hidden under weather strip
Engine block Right side pan rail...
Transmission case, Auto = right side of bell housing on a flat pad, Manual right side of trans case on a flat pad...
Fender tag, bottom row to the far right

and the secret locations:lol:

When I search all the comes up is decoding the VIN tag or someone selling a matching numbers car. I want specific locations on where to look to see if I have a matching numbers car. 1969 Dodge Charger SE 383 AT.
rad support stamped on verticle part of upper tie kinda on drivers side but not extreme
trunk gutter drivers side need to pull rubber back a little above where rear valance seem meets quarter
motor and tranny close to pans

Dash Vin
Radiator support
Trunk lip, hidden under weather strip
Engine block Right side pan rail...
Transmission case, Auto = right side of bell housing on a flat pad, Manual right side of trans case on a flat pad...
Fender tag, bottom row to the far right
69_XS29_E86_D32_F8_313601.jpg

A lot of of the best info is found here at
mmcdetroit.com
A0E87629-B5FD-4EE6-8B52-0F543FA11BCD.png

I have three 68’s and a rad support I cut out of a ‘68. On the St. Louis car it is on the back of the rad support facing the engine. Where is it on the Lynch Rd. cars? Is it under the antifreeze decal?

I have a St.Louis 69 and that's where mine is.

Not under unless someone did it different occasionally. Mine are next to it.

I don’t see it anywhere in the Lynch Rd. cars. I’ll have to check the trunk gutter on the 4 door. Not sure where they would have put it on the wagon. The St. Louis car has it prominently on the side facing the engine.

I wonder how the cops knew the number if the fender tag is missing? To my knowledge, Chrysler lost all records of 68’s. VIN’s and SON’s. 69’s and 70’s as well.

I don’t see it anywhere in the Lynch Rd. cars. I’ll have to check the trunk gutter on the 4 door. Not sure where they would have put it on the wagon. The St. Louis car has it prominently on the side facing the engine.

I wonder how the cops knew the number if the fender tag is missing? To my knowledge, Chrysler lost all records of 68’s. VIN’s and SON’s. 69’s and 70’s as well.

I have multiple MI 69 cars and it's on top of the radiator support.

My St. Lou '70 Charger has it on engine side of rad. support. Also, I don't recall anyone saying this location for a vin location. On driver door, mine has a taped vin#.

My St. Lou '70 Charger has it on engine side of rad. support. Also, I don't recall anyone saying this location for a vin location. On driver door, mine has a taped vin#.

My ‘70 as well. And my ‘68 St. Louis car.

I don't mean on frame rails or radiator supports I mean specifically on the engine block, heads, manifold, transmission with pictures would help. Dadsbee, don't bee a Dickbee. If you don't want to help or read a post then F.O. I'm not in mood for it.

I don't mean on frame rails or radiator supports I mean specifically on the engine block, heads, manifold, transmission with pictures would help. Dadsbee, don't bee a Dickbee. If you don't want to help or read a post then F.O.

That’s not very nice...

I personally think the body #’s are more important than the block and transmission #’s. It’s too easy to just switch a drivetrain over to another body.

Auto Transport Service
Back