• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can someone give me the short course on where to find VIN numbers

Let us know what you find. Keeping in mind over the years replacement/crash parts may have been put on which could have other numbers or NO numbers if a Dealer/NOS piece.. Radiator supports were common pieces to be replaced therefore losing those numbers. Even trunk gutters were cut out and replaced due to rust with-out any thought top the numbers under the gasket. It doesn't mean someone tried to pull a fast one just trying to replace parts BEFORE these cars were ever scrutinized.

Here’s mine, drivers side of auto trans, and lower passenger side pad of engine block
8BFC9CBA-9CE9-4257-B75E-307C62A1810B.jpeg
C54AFB4E-8A3A-469B-9E34-9AC6D2A284E2.jpeg

I need to check the trans in my '70, I know my engine matches and all the body stamps are there...but never checked the trans.

The rears are not stamped, are they?

Rear ends? not that I have ever seen.
My engine and all match the vin, but the trans is not the original, would be cool to find it someday

My '66 St. Louis build - top of the radiator support.

20160821_151140.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back