• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can someone tell me what this is

Bonehead70GeTeX

Local time
12:19 PM
Reaction score
is this a drum or disc spindle ? It had disc brakes that was put on the car , just don’t know if they used the drum spindle or if they changed to a disc spindle thanks for looking

E2F53620-9A99-4E6D-A693-CF54FD427CB8.jpeg

060F46FA-4A10-48DE-89CE-D7AC91346DE8.jpeg

Hard to say with pic angles but looks like you have a crazy amount of negative caster.
You mite be right, damn thing crazy all over, I had guy install upper arms and disc brakes , cheep 700 parts and labor ,I already had shocks , I was lazy and knew I should have done myself ,but here we are front was wore out and had drum brakes ,
After he finished, heck It was worse, I don’t blame him , I’m the cheep *** ,can’t half *** and think it’s going to be better , so now I’m rebuilding lower arm ,struts , torsion bars , brake lines and master ,, was thinking I mite change brake kit?

174150B8-4E13-4048-B159-3630272BD588.jpeg

64F59908-9268-4A0B-A69B-686D118793E9.jpeg

I believe it's the spindles that are on the wrong side.
No not wrong side ,caliber would be facing the wrong way , I know what’s wrong with it LCA wore out , torsion bar , no rubber in sway bar , one side rubber gone in strut ,, can’t just replace UCAs shocks and disc,need to replace everything,

I believe it's the spindles that are on the wrong side.
That does not matter. You can get the alignment within spec either way. I have had them mounted both ways and still obtained plenty of caster.
Something is wrong though. The upper ball joints are way too far forward to get any positive caster. Maybe the alignment cams are set to max negative caster?
I don't see any tilt to the upper ball joint mounts. That is part of the anti-dive.

That does not matter. You can get the alignment within spec either way. I have had them mounted both ways and still obtained plenty of caster.
Something is wrong though. The upper ball joints are way too far forward to get any positive caster. Maybe the alignment cams are set to max negative caster?
I don't see any tilt to the upper ball joint mounts. That is part of the anti-dive.
Thanks for the input , only thing on this car that has been changed on front end , is UCAs , shocks and spindles , it was all original nothing never replaced , I known this because it was my dads car , maybe uca or spinal are wrong part wrong year s
Or somethings? Thanks for info , gives me something to check

Auto Transport Service
Back