• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can you convert any B-Body Mopar to a Charger?

LipRipper3006

Local time
2:31 PM
Reaction score
My father has wanted a charger since he was a child but I cannot afford to buy one that's in restorable condition. My question is can you convert a satellite/coronet from 1968/69 to a charger by changing all exterior sheet metal or is there more to it? Thanks

Your better off buying a project charger or something else in your budget. I have no idea if what you saying can be done but you'd spend more time / money doing it that way, if it could be done at all.

See above. 68/69 Chargers are very expensive these days. Maybe consider a Coronet or newer Charger? ('71+)

or take a loan out. Not the way I would want to go but Im not rich,im the average Joe

See above. 68/69 Chargers are very expensive these days. Maybe consider a Coronet or newer Charger? ('71+)
Your better off buying a project charger or something else in your budget. I have no idea if what you saying can be done but you'd spend more time / money doing it that way, if it could be done at all.
I can't see why it would be more expensive, the cheapest chargers in my area are $15-$20k and I would just be replacing the same parts as I would be considering most of them are rust buckets.
see:

body lines are not the same.

I believe it could be done. The frame floors firewall inner front fenders cowl are the same. The difficult part would be locating the inner rear interior metal that holds the rear window mechanisms.

I believe it could be done. The frame floors firewall inner front fenders cowl are the same. The difficult part would be locating the inner rear interior metal that holds the rear window mechanisms.
Hell anything can be done. I could make a 69 Charger out of of 70 Chevelle if you paid me enough.
The question is why would you want to at all just to save a buck, when at the end of the day it's really not a 69 Charger anyway?
You want to play, you got to pay.
As stated above, shop around, be patient. Stuff turns up all the time.

I agree be patient and keep looking. After I bought my Bee I found a 68 charger in Buffalo for 10 grand and it was solid. I should of waited but I got a great deal on my Bee. No regrets. I will one day get another charger.

My father has wanted a charger since he was a child but I cannot afford to buy one that's in restorable condition. My question is can you convert a satellite/coronet from 1968/69 to a charger by changing all exterior sheet metal or is there more to it? Thanks

youd be better off buying a members project and finishing that,
or buying ones thats Drivable <<
and not get in over your head with 2 diff cars.
thats never gonna end well and youll then have reduced a good car to parts,
and probably have 15 k into the whole sordid affair by then.

a great example,recently a member sold his project 68? i think? for around 15k,
with quite a few new parts as well.
just keep looking in the ads here on the forum,and checking those backyards as you go.

Another thing to keep in mind is that Mopar guys get screwed. Mopars bring a premium over Chevs and Furds these days.
If you find a good project hulk to start with, parts will run 30%-40% more than an equal part for a Chev or Furd.
Did your dad like any Furds or Chevs?
I don't say this to be unkind, it's just a fact of life these days. You want a cool old Mopar? You need $$.

A member hete post how they convert a crown Vic in to a charger 69 to jump in the dukes fest, I think is possible, btw do you introduce yourself in the welcome wagon...

Look in Canada. Our money is worthless right now. Look in Alberta on a site called KIJJI. We are in the worst recession since the 80’S. Round 2 of the TRUDEAUS, This time it’s the sons turn. Things are ugly here

Here’s one in Manitoba. 69 charger if you offer 20k CAD you only spend 15k USD. A lot of the work is done.

8B282AF9-A891-437A-815E-8ECB1976F92B.png FF43AFC2-8122-4614-8939-C06A678D3D9F.png 7BEC397E-0881-44F6-93E5-03E5BEFCA576.png

You will have a ton of money in sheetmetal. But here is an alternate way of getting a charger..

Ya.. things are bleek up here...

Auto Transport Service
Back