• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can't remember how to turn the pop up ads off

hunt2elk

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:41 PM
Reaction score
Like the title says. Had to have my computer worked on and now the pop ups are back. Somebody on here had a solution, but I can't remember how I did it. Any ideas?

gold membership and support the site directly or check out the ads and let those venders ads play to keep the lights on

I don't mind the sponsors ads on the right side of the screen, but the ones that are front and center are annoying. These are usually moving ads and our internet has limited data per month (so wish we could get Charter).

gold membership and support the site directly or check out the ads and let those venders ads play to keep the lights on

Don't worry, I have spent more than my fair share of money with the vendors that sponsor this site. Probably just me, but I have a problem with having to pay money to not see ads that I have no use for and slow down my computer. Got the problem fixed - thanks for the help.

For general protection, something like Spybot Search and Destroy can help with tracking cookies and malware management (it's free). For specific Web browsing ad control, there are add-ons and extensions that can help (adguard, etc). Generally, Chrome and Firefox have a variety of the you can look at.

Auto Transport Service
Back