• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Car Craft: '70 Hemi Challenger Barn Find

GrabberOrange69

Local time
1:17 PM
Reaction score
A dude in Iowa finds a solid '70 Challenger in a barn and picks it up for 25K. Oh ya, it has a Hemi/727. Pick up the October issue and shake your head....

Also a possible 62 Max Wedge contender detailed along with a dude's early Barracuda AWB car. Good MOPAR issue IMO.

TTIWWOP.gif

Great 70 Challenger R/T Hemi garage/barn find, I don't rarely buy or subscribe or let alone read any of the rags anymore, so thanks for the heads up...

- - - Updated - - -

Looked to be Plum Crazy under that faded silver paint, in a few areas under the hood... $25k is a great deal too sounds like anyway, seen way too many BS stories thou too...

Kinda like hitting the powerball lottery. Oh wait, it might take a lottery win to restore it.

I saw it on Ebay a month or so ago. Wonder where it went.

I'd leave it just like it is. That thing is cooler in its barn condition.

Un freakin real............. :icon_pray:

The article in Car Craft said that the guy paid 25k for the car straight out of the barn, then immediately flipped it for an undisclosed amount. I guess he didn't really care about the car, he was just trying to make some quick $. I would clean it up and leave it unrestored.

The car will cost 60K to 75K to restore properly. In the coming up tick in car market he can still get 125K to 150K. You just have to be patient. I am 3/4 thru my 67 hemi Rt and 60 K goes like water plus I am doing 98 percent of the work. The reality is their still is more cars out their to be found.

I owned this Challenger in the 70s, it makes me sick I did not try and find it years ago! Seen it in car craft last month and am trying to find out where it ended up...

here isph-10468.jpg pic of it from 77

I owned this Challenger in the 70s, it makes me sick I did not try and find it years ago! Seen it in car craft last month and am trying to find out where it ended up...

here isView attachment 141328 pic of it from 77

welcome to FBBO, maybe you could go to the welcome wagon forum here & give us some background & introduce your self, maybe add some more photos & history too... there's also a "For E Bodies Only" Forum/FEBO ran by the same people as FBBO... good luck finding it...

I bet you kicked yourself many times for letting that one go! I keep thinking of the 69 Hemi I had in a Coronet station wagon. Let it go way too cheap and now will probably never have another. Such is life.

Cool story!
Looks like you already went to youtube and tried to get a message to the guy who sold it on ebay. I thought in the article in Car Craft it went to Arizona.
Good luck with the search, please keep us posted.

Cool story!
Looks like you already went to youtube and tried to get a message to the guy who sold it on ebay. I thought in the article in Car Craft it went to Arizona.
Good luck with the search, please keep us posted.

Yes it went to Phoenix Az.
I'm going there in November for the Nascar race and want to try and visit my old car and check it out! Car craft editor sent the buyer here in Des Moines 3 messages to call me but the guy will not.

Taking a pocket full of cash to bring it back home?

Auto Transport Service
Back