• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Car Fix Fiasco

493 Mike

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:54 AM
Reaction score
I just finished watching the "pros" on Car Fix do a disc brake conversion on a 1965 Barracuda
( I know it's a "A" body ) and could not believe they were showing how to perform this modification. Vise Grips were clamped on the torsion and hammered to remove the bars, they torched out the bushings instead of pressing, and installed the new master cylinder without bench bleeding. No grease on the T-bars into the lower control arms either.
They did press the new bushings into place with their electric over hydraulic press though. I realize only so much can be discussed in a 1/2 hour but I believe it is misleading I just think these shows presenting these procedures should at least look at a FSM before showing the public how to do it!
End of rant.
Mike

I was watching also, thought to myself surely the t bars are going to be replaced after this. Nope.

Chevy guys I'm sure though Jared worked for Trepanier for a few years so you would think he would know a little bit about Mopars...

It is amazing how much they get wrong in TV land. People that SHOULD know what they are talking about.
On Counting Cars they spy a Duster in a driveway.Danny the "Know it all" calls it a DODGE Duster.
I was on set years ago for a taping of "Horse Power TV. They were assembling a small block Mopar.Installing a roller cam,they put on the intake,no gaskets,just silicone,and after the taping was over I said to Chuck,"Ah, you forgot to install the lifters".
So many mistakes and the producers could care less....I will call this my "Pet Peeve".

The upper control arm burning I didn't get. But, the lowers I get. Pressing rarely works on lowers. Gotta burn them out and then chisel the sleeves out.

He did say they were doing it old school, no special tools. I'm sure no one on this site ever used vise grips to get a T bar out before. :rolleyes:

Yeah, you were not supposed to look that close. You should be drooling over the clean shop, the Atlas-Copco
Screw, Etc, Etc, Etc. When I watch All Girls Garage, I can't take my eyes off of Christie Lee! Hell, I don't
even know if they HAVE a compressor!

It is amazing how much they get wrong in TV land. People that SHOULD know what they are talking about.
On Counting Cars they spy a Duster in a driveway.Danny the "Know it all" calls it a DODGE Duster.
It was like watching Married with Children!

I haven't watched a car show in about 5 years; but I do occasionally stay at Holiday Inn

Yeah, you were not supposed to look that close. You should be drooling over the clean shop, the Atlas-Copco
Screw, Etc, Etc, Etc. When I watch All Girls Garage, I can't take my eyes off of Christie Lee! Hell, I don't
even know if they HAVE a compressor!

Oh Christie :)

Auto Transport Service
Back