• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Car Guys Helping Out

slepr1

Local time
7:19 AM
Reaction score
Yesterday I took my 71 Cuda for its last cruise of the season. I wasn't able to drive it much this year. About 30 minutes into the cruise the engine shut down suddenly. I was able to drift onto a side road and park it on the side of a street. Popped the hood and started my finger poking. Not 5 minutes went by and a guy and his wife walks up and asks if I need some tools. His home was only a couple houses away. Together we determined my Edelbrock Fuel Sump was not working. He had his wife drive me to the parts store for a relay, even gave me a mask to wear into the store (mandatory) since I didn't have one with me. Well the relay wasn't the issue so the pump or hidden fuse was probably to blame. Ended up on a flatbed for the 'ride of shame' home.
Guy and wife ended up showing me his collection of 4 nice 70's camaros. He was a real car guy. Even offered to trailer my car home if I didn't have AAA. Gotta love good people like them. Told us to drop by anytime.

So cool to hear that car people are still out there and willing to help. Good luck with your car hope it is an easy fix. Now post a pic of that beast.

Now post a pic of that beast.

Cuda Home2.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back