• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Car is just as smooth at 125 as it is at 70!

Paul_G

Local time
1:34 PM
Reaction score
With all the suspension, steering, and brake work done it was time to go for a serious drive. I have put maybe 50 in town miles on the car, gave it a once over underneath twice now since the suspension rebuild. Even though the car looks like a rattle trap and sounds like a jalopy, under neath it is all new. The 383 runs very well, but the carb needs to be dialed in, it started to go lean at high rpm so I backed down. After I get the carb dialed in I am curious to see where top speed will be with the 323 gears.

I am very pleased with how it came out. The Energy suspension bushings firmed up the ride nicely. Even though the KYB shocks are very stiff, they keep the car very stable at high speed.

It wasnt even scary at that speed. I have been to 125 and up before in old muscle cars, and it is scary. Not this time. It tracked straight, no wandering, no vibrations other than the doors, trunk lid, and hood, lol.

Rebuild pics
https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/mopa...uspension-brakes-and-steering-rebuild.176647/

I would guess in the neighbor hood of 140 it will go flat. At what rpms it holds power will be the determining factor.

It’s a good feeling. Mine too tracks as good at triple digits as 70. Sweet. Was a long road to get here. The original owner with no OD and Bias tires never experienced this.

My 72 360 cant spin over 4000 rpm in overdrive. Tops out about 115mph.

With all the suspension, steering, and brake work done it was time to go for a serious drive. I have put maybe 50 in town miles on the car, gave it a once over underneath twice now since the suspension rebuild. Even though the car looks like a rattle trap and sounds like a jalopy, under neath it is all new. The 383 runs very well, but the carb needs to be dialed in, it started to go lean at high rpm so I backed down. After I get the carb dialed in I am curious to see where top speed will be with the 323 gears.

I am very pleased with how it came out. The Energy suspension bushings firmed up the ride nicely. Even though the KYB shocks are very stiff, they keep the car very stable at high speed.

It wasnt even scary at that speed. I have been to 125 and up before in old muscle cars, and it is scary. Not this time. It tracked straight, no wandering, no vibrations other than the doors, trunk lid, and hood, lol.

Rebuild pics
https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/mopa...uspension-brakes-and-steering-rebuild.176647/

She looks DANG good!! Congrats

Auto Transport Service
Back