• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Car Movers

texas69bee

Local time
6:16 AM
Reaction score
I’m surprised I’m doing this but I am moving from Texas to Missouri. I thought about hauling the car on a Penske trailer but the weather up there is still blah.
Who do you guys recommend for enclosed transport of my Bee?

Innercity Transport. They are not brokers. They own their own trucks and the drivers work for them. They give a **** and the price is decent. Many of these transport companies broker out the jobs. Don’t go that route. I used Innercity myself and was extremely satisfied on both ends of the job. 5e original rec came from guys on this site.

Incognito Express in Copperas Cove, Texas. I would use them again in a heartbeat if I needed to have a valuable car moved.

IMG_20150616_110728662_zpsfcea1neg.jpg
IMG_20150616_110740747_zpsjis380sj.jpg

Jason, Best of luck on your move.......Safe travels!

DFW is an odd area for the big transporters.......I recall horseless carriage, intercity and reliable did not utilize routes there....I found that out when I moved from there to Ohio......The only one left was Passport and I was thoroughly pleased...

My first choice was reliable and second was HC......Check with them to see if they can from where you're at...

I would suggest based on the quality of your car to have them strap the wheels....Be sure to have a California car cover any other cover the big guys will not allow on the car during transport.....They should also lay a thin sheet of plastic over top of your car and tie to the sides inside the hauler......Specify not to juggle your car around either.....Furthermore, I tipped the driver very well, which they NEVER get and the appreciation was shown with the care of my car......

Under no circumstances should you hire a broker! They are simply guys with phones who contact the same drivers you can contact. Use only someone who has direct control of the carrier you choose. Better yet, deal directly with a driver. Don't ask me how I know......

Another vote here for Reliable. I used them just a few months ago when we bought a '68 GTS convertible that was located completely across the country. They e-mailed me immediately upon pick-up and the driver called several times with updates as he made his way across the country. It was quite impressive. moparnation74 did a nice job of providing key insights. Good luck with the move and the transport of your Bee.

You are just west of Hey-O and myself.
Passport Transport is located in Springfield MO area. You may be able to get a deal if logistics work out right.

Passport Transport is located in Springfield MO area. You may be able to get a deal if logistics work out right.
Thanks for the heads up!

Ok i was going to invite you to some of the car events close to me but im just south of Kc so that is quite a ways. Welcome to Mo have a good safe move.

Ok i was going to invite you to some of the car events close to me but im just south of Kc so that is quite a ways. Welcome to Mo have a good safe move.
Hey I’ve got some friends over there in KC, so it could happen.

Welcome to the show me state!! Slap Stick is right. Actually, he's always right!!! We'll see you this summer!! Be safe!!

Jason, Best of luck on your move.......Safe travels!

DFW is an odd area for the big transporters.......I recall horseless carriage, intercity and reliable did not utilize routes there....I found that out when I moved from there to Ohio......The only one left was Passport and I was thoroughly pleased...

My first choice was reliable and second was HC......Check with them to see if they can from where you're at...

I would suggest based on the quality of your car to have them strap the wheels....Be sure to have a California car cover any other cover the big guys will not allow on the car during transport.....They should also lay a thin sheet of plastic over top of your car and tie to the sides inside the hauler......Specify not to juggle your car around either.....Furthermore, I tipped the driver very well, which they NEVER get and the appreciation was shown with the care of my car......
@Ski 61701

Can you explain just what you disagreed with?

I used Reliable to transport my 63 from NJ to NC. I was very pleased with the service that I was provided.
PS Who the hell is @Ski 61701 that he disagrees with a concurs car transport?!?

Man, if you go on Yelp or elsewhere the reviews are all over the place. 5 stars or 1 star. Make you nuts.

I used Reliable to transport my 63 from NJ to NC. I was very pleased with the service that I was provided.
PS Who the hell is @Ski 61701 that he disagrees with a concurs car transport?!?
I’m thinking it was probably a fat finger mistake........at least I hope:D

Intercity Transport is a no...
Justin is correct... they do not run this way.
Passport and Incognito are next on the list.

Look up HPAC (high performance auto club) there are regular monthly cruises and a yearly large Mopar only Show and swap meet.

Auto Transport Service
Back