• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Car-Rep 2k epoxy

VicsGarage

Local time
10:08 AM
Reaction score
So I had to prime my rockers after cleaning them all up and getting a new cross member and floor supports. I don't have a full spray set up yet, and for such a small job, I didn't feel like mixing epoxy and stuff. I also felt like I'd waste half a can of primer if I bought the standard Spray Max or Eastwood Aerosol 2k epoxy primers.

So I ended up giving the car-rep.com 2k epoxy a go. They use a hardener that reacts with moisture in the air which gives their product a unlimited pot life. I have to say, it was a great product for small jobs and the value is way better given it can sit indefinitely until I use the rest of the can.

If anyone is looking for a 2k epoxy for touch ups or small jobs, give this stuff a go!

Np. It was a real easy product to work with and prevents so much waste.

So I had to prime my rockers after cleaning them all up and getting a new cross member and floor supports. I don't have a full spray set up yet, and for such a small job, I didn't feel like mixing epoxy and stuff. I also felt like I'd waste half a can of primer if I bought the standard Spray Max or Eastwood Aerosol 2k epoxy primers.

So I ended up giving the car-rep.com 2k epoxy a go. They use a hardener that reacts with moisture in the air which gives their product a unlimited pot life. I have to say, it was a great product for small jobs and the value is way better given it can sit indefinitely until I use the rest of the can.

If anyone is looking for a 2k epoxy for touch ups or small jobs, give this stuff a go!

That looks like an ideal solution for small jobs. How was the spray pattern when you tried it? I like that the specs have a fairly wide air humidity range and it can be force dried. And that I can find it on Amazon, because I haven't seen it in any stores around here.

I unfortunately did only my rockers as you saw in the video. So it was hard to see full spray pattern. But it pretty much covered it in one pass. Little thinner on the edges obviously.

They also told me on the phone that if it’s a bit more humid outside it will work better. For me, humidity can get pretty high in Ontario so that was a small plus.

Yeah not many stores carry it. Only found 1 around me.

I unfortunately did only my rockers as you saw in the video. So it was hard to see full spray pattern. But it pretty much covered it in one pass. Little thinner on the edges obviously.

They also told me on the phone that if it’s a bit more humid outside it will work better. For me, humidity can get pretty high in Ontario so that was a small plus.

Yeah not many stores carry it. Only found 1 around me.
What store/supplier did you find it at?

What store/supplier did you find it at?
I bought it from Amazon. I know there was a store in the south west end of Toronto that carried it too. I can try to find it if you’re interested?

I bought it from Amazon. I know there was a store in the south west end of Toronto that carried it too. I can try to find it if you’re interested?
No worries. I will get it from Amazon as well.

Auto Transport Service
Back