• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Car show season is over

qkcuda

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:53 AM
Reaction score
I had a bit of a noise when I drove back from the car show last week. I thought I might have a loose front wheel bearing. I decided to check them today and found that the bearings were fine, but all of the studs on the right front were loose in the hub. I noticed some black dust on the rim when I came back last weekend, that I had not seen before. Not sure what the cause was, the drivers side is fine. I have all the parts for a disc brake conversion, but it utilizes the stock front hubs. Not sure I can salvage this one with new studs with larger knurls?

IMG_20221015_161126842.jpg

IMG_20221015_161108537.jpg

You could tack weld the heads of the studs onto the hub, or drill the hole out and go with 1/2" screw in studs. Just curious how did you get the lug nuts off if the studs were stripped in the holes?

The studs were wobbling in the hub but the nuts were tight. It was crazy because the wheel wobbled like a bearing was shot. I put them back on with my impact and they tightened right up. I just needed to be able to drive it back on the lift.

Auto Transport Service
Back