• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Car values

If you're looking for a value on your car, I'd suggest getting a professional appraisal.

https://www.nadaguides.com/

search & enter the criteria
it's not 100% accurate but a guideline
IIRC it has classic listed somewhere too
been a while since I used it

some are not all that great in details or options,
engine sizes trans electric windows A/C etc.
but will give you a general Idea to work from
#1 restored or great condition, price ranges
to #4 (or #5 ?) quality barely driveable

good luck

The best sources that I’ve found are Hagerty valuation tools and Mecum’s website for post sales results, Hagerty before Mecum. Also check Hemming for cars for sale. Best advice I can give you is, go try to buy the car you have right now. That will give you a general idea of value. Be honest with yourself. This is what I do with original cars, no idea how to value modified and Resto-mods.

Appraisers all seem to be inflated insurance values and NADA never seems even close on the cars I looked up in the past.

If you're looking for a value on your car, I'd suggest getting a professional appraisal.

My personal experience with appraisers is that they look the car over and then ask me what I think it's worth, then they write up a report with a value at or close to what I said.

I have an appraisal and it is truly a realistic sale/replacement value, not some bs over inflated insurance value. I have friends who, for whatever reason, like the bs hyper inflated insurance values which I don’t understand anyway. Your premium is also based on that value so in essence they are way over paying for insurance every year.

If you’re looking for a source Haggerty bases it of classifieds, known sales, and auction values over a long period of time and also shows trends, so I believe it to be somewhat accurate

My personal experience with appraisers is that they look the car over and then ask me what I think it's worth, then they write up a report with a value at or close to what I said.
That's how it worked out coming from the guy I bought mine from. It's worth however deep in my pockets I want to dig.

Search for a couple of cars very close to yours on ebay and watch them close out. I do this now and then on my cars. Even if the car don't sell it still tells you the highest bid which really would be its true value. You can have some appraisers set a value (in my past experiences) but that really means nothing if nobody will buy it for that price. Things are only worth what people are willing to pay for them.....bottom line.

Do you pay them or do they pay you?

What you got wasn't professional. There's a lot of hacks out there.

Auto Transport Service
Back