• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Carb choice

Mark1972

Local time
10:01 AM
Reaction score
For better or worse, I decided to go with with the Edelbrock 1913 800cfm AVS2 to sit on my 440. It will bolt to the RPM intake. I spoke to Edelbrock about a throttle linkage adapter, and Summit has it, but there was also the case of the tranny kickdown rod. There is an adapter for it as well, based on the rod diameter. 1/4" or 5/16". The problem I have is the linkage I have for the 440 and 727 came off of a C body New Yorker, and the only linkage I have for a b body was the pieces that came out of my car with the 318/904. Can anyone direct me to the next step that will work now that I'll be installing the 440/727 this weekend. Will either of those linkages I have work, even if modification is required, or is it better to just find B body RB/727 linkage?

Cant say for sure but the C body linkage should work. The linkage doesn't know if the car is a C or B body. Is it one or two piece rod?

If you cant find a mechanical linkage that works properly then you could go with an aftermarket cable design such as a Lokar or Bouchillon.

Did you order the 1481 throttle adapter? You can use your original kickdown rod pin with that.

Capture+_2020-06-02-16-04-11.png

Odd, is the AVS2 different from the Performer carbs? I'm running a 1411 on a CH4B and I didnt need any adapters for the kickdown linkage; i used it as is...

Cant say for sure but the C body linkage should work. The linkage doesn't know if the car is a C or B body. Is it one or two piece rod?

It does seem like the kick down linkage should be about the same, except the difference between a 2 BBL & 4 BBL.

A 1 piece rod. 5/16" diameter.

Did you order the 1481 throttle adapter? You can use your original kickdown rod pin with that.

View attachment 958433
I spoke to Edelbrock today, and they told me the #1481 throttle adapter was required, along with transmission kickdown rod adapter #8004(5/16"). I haven't ordered anything as of yet.

I sure am liking the avs2 i put on my 400. I made the bracket for the kickdown. It is just a piece 1/4 thick aluminum and some 1/2 spacers.

IMG_0645.JPG IMG_0635a.jpg

Looks good! I think you'll be happy with that setup.

Is there any advantage with the AVS2 800 CFM vs the 1813 Edelbrock?

Auto Transport Service
Back