• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Carb install

rrTor-Red

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:30 PM
Reaction score
Installing carb soon. Would you guys use studs or bolts through the carb into intake or use studs in the intake then carb? Does it matter? Aluminum intake if that matters

I like using studs. It aligns and holds the gasket and the carb when installing. Stuff doesn't slide around.

Dittos on the studs. Hard to strip manifold holes with studs. You can lift an engine with carb bolts.

If you plan on possible changing carbs and testing etc, studs are a great way to go. That way you're not always threading a bolt into the manifold.

ARP is the premier company in automotive fasteners. However, the carb studs are not under a lot of pressure unless you are trying to pull your engine via the intake manifold which I personally would never do. Companies make carb studs that are about 1/3 the price or less and some like Mr. Gasket or Spectre have a hex top that makes installing the stud much easier. I've also seen studs with an allen head for installing.

Carb Studs.jpg

ARP is the premier company in automotive fasteners. However, the carb studs are not under a lot of pressure unless you are trying to pull your engine via the intake manifold which I personally would never do. Companies make carb studs that are about 1/3 the price or less and some like Mr. Gasket or Spectre have a hex top that makes installing the stud much easier. I've also seen studs with an allen head for installing.

View attachment 307434

I like the those and or if I can find a hex but would prefer them in stainless. Haven't searched for them as of yet.

Thanks

Auto Transport Service
Back