• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Carb

T5 copper

Local time
5:04 AM
Reaction score
Hello to the B Bodies.Changed fuel pump and filter on a 383 ,hardly runs step on it it dies ,fuel to the carb, no fuel enter carb maybe needle seat and float troubles.

Was it doing this before you changed the pump? If so did you check the push rod for wear when you changed the pump?

It was running rough before I changed the pump.

Pull the pump and the push rod and check the length of it. If it's an aftermarket one they are known to wear quickly and be a problem. Should be about 3.23 in length.

IMG_0589 (Medium).JPG

My first thought is a problem with the accelerator pump in the carb. It's a common problem. Also, if the car was running rough before, I recommend checking the tank pickup tube sock. It may be partly clogged or stopped up. This ethanol gasoline puts muddy crud in our tanks if the cars set any length of time. (I speak from personal experience on two Mopars.)

Auto Transport Service
Back